Chrome Gas Doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ccodder54 said:
Why doesn't Jeep offer a chrome gas door for our Libertys? They do for all the other models.... (Aeh)

Which other models? If so do you think the hinges are the same size with same diameter of the door? Then it should be easy to swap.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to go check it at dealer's lot, if the size is same.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks good. Not too much bling.......just right. Nice Jeep and trophys. What were the trophies for? I can't tell in the pic..

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they look nice but I would only put one on mine that was graphite metallic, it just would stand out too much if it was the only billet or chrome piece on the Jeep.

I had something similar on my old Explorer (was actually a billet piece that double sided taped to the existing door) and looking back, I don't think I would do it again being the only chrome on the whole vehicle, other than wheels.
You must be registered for see images

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
What were the trophies for? I can't tell in the pic..
He's entered a number of car shows with his KJ. Since it's one of only a handful that have a solid front axle conversion I'm sure the uniqueness factor gets the judges attention \:D/

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,
You should contact some of the metal plating shops in your area, and check to see if any offer plastic plating. If so, you could then remove the gas door from your vehicle and have it chromed.
Then simply refit it!
I have had this done for friends classic muscle cars interior trim panels,gauge bezels etc.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Dave said:
He's entered a number of car shows with his KJ. Since it's one of only a handful that have a solid front axle conversion I'm sure the uniqueness factor gets the judges attention \:D/
Last I checked, Jeepin Al's KJ was still IFS.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Corwyyn said:
Dave said:

I thought it was too, and I would've noticed in his ebay auction pics if it was LFS, but didn't.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Corwyyn said:
Dave said:

Yes, it is. He made a cradle drop and dropped the entire front suspension+engine and ******. He made new pockets for the upper A-arms also. O:)

ccodder54

Reaction score
Can't wait to see it

That will be awesome.... would you make one up for me too.... I will pay for it.... ccodder54 [-o<

Members online