Chilton??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic piece where it says PRND21 on the shifter, its really scratched & cloudy looking and I was wondering where I could get a replacement piece. Can I find in a Chilton or Haynes book or do I have to go to a dealer or what......

2003KJ

Reaction score
You should be able to go to a junk yard and pull one out of another KJ....not sure why you'd need a Chilton's or Haynes manual.....

While on the topic of manuals, i'd recommend getting a FSM and not a Chilton's or Haynes....they tend to only "touch" on alot of topics, where as a FSM will go into thorough detail and tell you step by step how to fix, test, disassemble and reassemble something.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blonde moment.....I always get Haynes & Chilton mixed up with LMC type catalogs.....dont ask me how.... :-k

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear it is major pain in the ass to replace that plastic...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I hear it is major pain in the ass to replace that plastic...

To find a new one? Or get the piece off? Ive had mine off a million times.. If thats what your talking about. O:)

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its no problem getting it off.....ive taking it off before...but the problem is finding one. I have called Mason Dixon junk yard and they dont have anything. I dont know of any other local junk/salvage yard in my area. Im sure it would help if I had a part number too..... :-k
Last resort would be to go to the local jeep dealer and try and order it new.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emydol said:
but the problem is finding one.

what he said.

Normally they either sell the whole console (if it is in good condition) or the car is totalled so that piece is also broke.
Unless DC can supply that little plastic alone (which I assume comes with shifter) yes you can probably get it but it won't be easy.

If you removed it, check behind it for a part no ? it is possible...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Ooops. Sorry.