Check this out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
my cousin and I are thinking of going half and half on this. its a 1991 nissan 300zx. its loaded and he has all the maintenance paperwork. the engine is insanely clean. 140,000 miles. had new clutch, brakes, tires, hoses, and speakers. its also a T top. he wants $5,900 for it. what do you guys think.

You must be registered for see images attach

im going back tomorrow to check out the under body and test drive it.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High miles,17 years old,in no way a collectors type of car-------about $3000-$4000 to much for it.Just because it's looks clean doesn't mean nothing,do a search of the maintance(what has broken,how often?) and get a carfax report and check the VIN against the DOT to see if/what accidents it's been into,traffic ticket history(will tell you how the vehicle was driven).

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
High miles,17 years old,in no way a collectors type of car-------about $3000-$4000 to much for it.Just because it's looks clean doesn't mean nothing,do a search of the maintance(what has broken,how often?) and get a carfax report and check the VIN against the DOT to see if/what accidents it's been into,traffic ticket history(will tell you how the vehicle was driven).
I agree. Just say no. You will spend way too much in gas, insurance, and speeding tickets. In addition to repairs.

Reaction score
my cousin and i were going to haggle him down to 3500-4000. when the KJ gets lifted and stuff i wont drive it every day if i dont have to. i want a project. something fast and fun. so does my cousin. we dont have moeny for mcuh right now but the car would be fun

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were looking for a job and needed your y pipe fixed.

I agree with tjkj and midnight ....

Not bustin on you. Just my opinion.

Dave

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my cousin and i were going to haggle him down to 3500-4000. when the KJ gets lifted and stuff i wont drive it every day if i dont have to. i want a project. something fast and fun. so does my cousin. we dont have moeny for mcuh right now but the car would be fun

get a classic! mmy dad and i have a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 that we are in the process of rebuilding

Reaction score
its cool. i want your opinions. my cousin is a manager at radioshack and is the top in sales in the midwest. he's going to get me hired there

Reaction score
KBB says this: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport/1991_Nissan_300ZX_11197_Trade-In_Good.aspx?PriceTypePath=Trade-In&SelectionHistory=11197|25436|46220|0|0|397235|true|397232|true|397243|true|397250|true|397302|true|397280|true|397312|true&Mileage=145000

Reaction score
i've been going to customization shops o see who will fix the y pipe and/or install a lift kit. the guy at unique auto sent me to meineke. the will install a spacer kit for $48 and the y pipe for $175. so it's probabaly getting fixed next week. anywayz i went back and check out the nissan more and test drove it. man it may be that i was driving the KJ before i was driving that but shiit that thing can move out. clutch felt good, it shifted easily, firm steering, and the brakes were good. the rear wheel drive is cool because you expect front in the car. i went to a big road and he was like go for it and im pretty sure 0-60 even with it being my first drive was like 5-6 seconds. now i've already let him know the jeep comes first but if i didnt have the jeep i would use the moeny spent on it to get that.

Mr_Nick

Reaction score
My roommate has a 91 300ZX-TT. Awesome car, way ahead of it's time for a 91. The asking price for that one is too high for an NA thou. If it's not turbo, then it's not going to be 'fast' in my opinion. But they handle like a dream, just be prepared for a stiff ride.
We've done quite a bit of work on his car, and it's all been very frustrating, but do-able, even with the basic tools I own. I'm a muscle car guy, so working on the Nissan is a world of difference to me, compared to my 1969 Cutlass. An NA model might be easier to work on under the hood, because there is more room. But not a car to maintain by yourself, if you're a beginner. (not saying you are or aren't)

Any specific questions, let me know... and I'll ask him.

Nick

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timesharing a car is not a good idea. Guarantee it will create nothing but problems. Fix your Jeep and move on.

xturboexpress

Reaction score
There are better sports cars to spend That much on. 300ZX's, esp the TT's, are not very practical. They have a lot of issues, just like any 90's sports cars, but they are a good bit harder to work on. If you have the money and time they make great project cars, but if your looking for a daily, look elsewhere.

Anyways, you can get a decent TT for that price, all though that is pretty clean.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the price as i live in uk ,they are nice cars i briefly owned one a few years back.Why not shop about and get a really early z they are a modern classic.

Mr_Ras

Reaction score
i just sold my benz and i'm happy i did! The KJ won't cost 1/3 the
amount in maintenance as the Jeep even with the mods. That Nissan
may be the same also.... unless you go to the auto wrecker for
parts.................. Buy another KJ!:)