Check out what $70 can do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most any parts store has the VHT Nite Shades yes that is the correct spelling
Its a spray one like paint, do very light coats and it will come out great! Only takes two or three light coats to cover good
Just ask for it, same thing I have used on all of mine :cool:

Whats better that or getting it tinted? Is it possible to take off if i had to,also do you think i could do it myself because i am not that handy?

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind I just read and it said it will not come off but it did say you can see alot of light through it. Do you think i could get pulled over for it because im going to college soon and the arehas cops that are strict. And again do you think i could do it because im not handy.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Looks good!
Don't try tinting the headlight here in OH, that would be a ticket.
Not even the taillights. You need to show some red reflector and white.

Also for your niteshades how did you get it so glossy??
I have issues doing mine where it never comes out with a high gloss....

I used about 3 coats, but very light..Once I got to the 3rd it was perfect, but the first 2 didn't look all that good.

Hey where did you get the night shades? or are they just tinted?

Got mine at Auto zone....many auto part stores do carry it...The problem is they dont always have it in stock..took me a few trips to finally find it.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you should be able to do it yourself and yes you should take them off. Be sure to take your time with the prep and if your worried tape off the circles on the lights so the white red and amber are showing and its perfectly legal. Also be sure to make light coats with a small time break between coats.

Edit: Also familyKJ do you use any clear on them? I've seen it done both ways and that's usually where my issues arise.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to take off my lights right?

Makes it way easier if you take them off, you made fun of mine;) but if you do 3 coats ( light coats) on the rest of the light then only one over the lights they are tinted but not enough to make it look like a ticket to the PO-lice
I taped the "light " part off first
You must be registered for see images attach

gave the other part of the light 3 light coats, then pulled the tape and gave it another light coat all over

Latest posts

Members online