Check out my Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

not aligned properly... I wonder what else is not aligned properly.
Oh talk about a bling!??? Does anyone remember MARIO?

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

not aligned properly... I wonder what else is not aligned properly.
Oh talk about a bling!??? Does anyone remember MARIO?

That must be a yellow fridge and those letters are magnetic alphabet for the kids thats why its crooked. :D

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get them changed let me know. I will probably have to change my rotors and brakes in about 5-8k. And dealer will probably the last place I will go. They messed up my brakes real good last time. I wouldn't mind getting some nice black calipers, nicer (more difficult to warp) rotors. I think mines are warped for the second time in 47k miles.
Try PowerSlot rotors,I haven't warped mine in over 40,000 miles and I have 1500lbs more to stop.The PowerSlots will not chew up your pads either,I have about 90% pad left on my pads(Napa Ceramic's,put on with the PowerSlots),no brake dust either.You can get the Cyro frozen PowerSlots also which are even better then the regular PowerSlots.They cost about a $100 each rotor,well worth it and they don't rust up either,mine look brand new still after 40,000 miles and 3 years of use.

You can also buy caliper paint,real easy to do and looks good and does last.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
tj thanks. Where do I buy those, once they are giving me unbearable shaking I will replace them.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try PowerSlot rotors,I haven't warped mine in over 40,000 miles and I have 1500lbs more to stop.The PowerSlots will not chew up your pads either,I have about 90% pad left on my pads(Napa Ceramic's,put on with the PowerSlots),no brake dust either.You can get the Cyro frozen PowerSlots also which are even better then the regular PowerSlots.They cost about a $100 each rotor,well worth it and they don't rust up either,mine look brand new still after 40,000 miles and 3 years of use.

Damn i just checked online they are awesome. Thanks man.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have any problems with mud getting caked into the holes and slots??

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend changing them soon. And what is the deal with the painted calipers??

I for one happen to be a fan of the painted calipers. Thinking of painting mine yellow.

As for the rotors, I agree with the other poster, looks suspciously like someone drilled their own rotors. There has been a lot of ink spilled with "drilled" and slotted rotors and the most professional opinion is that drilled rotors (holes) don't do much where as slotted rotors arguably achieve some improvement over flat rotors. They clean the pads, help bleed off the gas that builds up etc.

Also, self drilling rotors is considered a very bad idea. It weakens the rotor and makes it prone to cracking. At least manufactured rotors (with holes) are (supposedly) spec'd so that the holes don't cause any structural weakness. But just pulling out Dad's drill and slapping some holes in them is considered a Bad Idea(tm).[-X

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the rotors, I agree with the other poster, looks suspciously like someone drilled their own rotors. There has been a lot of ink spilled with "drilled" and slotted rotors and the most professional opinion is that drilled rotors (holes) don't do much where as slotted rotors arguably achieve some improvement over flat rotors. They clean the pads, help bleed off the gas that builds up etc.
It all depends on your usage. Most drilled rotors are exactly that, drilled. They start with a blank and drill holes for cooling, weakening the rotor considerably. The proper way to do it is to cast the rotor with the holes but the production cost is pretty high vs. drilling a blank. Slotted rotors are beneficial since you'll get some of the benefits of drilled rotors without risking rotor strength. Lots of pro/semi-pro racers run drilled rotors but they replace them every 1-2 races. Also, a good amount of high-end sports cars come stock with drilled rotors so I don't think they're totally "useless"...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are 17x9 American Racing Rebel with 235/65/17 HP stockers
I can say those rims are not 17x9,you would have never gotten 235's mounted on a 9" rim with 65 series sidewalls,plus they would stick out alot farther then they do in the pic and you'd need a lift to run a 9" rim anyway,even with 5.5" of BS.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can say those rims are not 17x9,you would have never gotten 235's mounted on a 9" rim with 65 series sidewalls,plus they would stick out alot farther then they do in the pic and you'd need a lift to run a 9" rim anyway,even with 5.5" of BS.

Thats what i thought also. But did some research on American racing rebel wheels over the net and all i see is 17x9, 18x9, etc. all are by 9. And my wheels sticks out compared to the rest of the KJ's that i see on the streets.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Off topic I know.
But in the Classic Mini fraternity it is very normal to run 175-50-13's on both 7inch and 8 inch wide by 13 inch. The recomended maximum rim width is 6 inch!
Can you say pain in the *** to mount? Yet people still go for it as they think it looks cool... Never mind the fact that the ride quality ***** and that under very hard cornering the wheel and tire like to separate.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one happen to be a fan of the painted calipers. Thinking of painting mine yellow.

I am too. Nothing looks worse than a old rusted caliper when you have nice rims. I painted mine black awhile back using the dupli-color kit. :)

I would really like to have them power coated! :D

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my liberty serviced today for ******, t-case, diff & spark plug changed. When they lifted it I checked my rear shocks I have Rancho. Is it good?