Check Engine light came on......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertylimitedcrd

Reaction score
Okay, I am new to here, but here is my issue:

Traded in my 2001 Jetta for a used 2004 VW Tourag, fuond out it was a lemon, got my money back, and bought a brand new 2005 Limited CRD LOADED. Love it....

Check engine light came on Saturday (788 miles). Took it to Jeep dealership today to have it looked at, they said they pulled a mystery code that has to do with the transmission, they are working with Chrysler to see what the problem is..... Anyone else have this problem??? Don't know what the code was that came up, but requested a print out when I pick it up after it's fixed for my records.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
welcome aboard.

what exactly happened when the check engine light came on?
did it go to limp mode...? (feels like it's on first gear the whole time)
or did it still drive normal

libertylimitedcrd

Reaction score
No, it didn't go into limp mode, but it does pause a little when accelerating normally from a red light or stop sign.

Dealer called me and said that there is a bad silanoid on the transmission. Said the part is on backorder nationwide and they will have it in about a week, but that the Liberty is still okay to drive.

2003KJ

Reaction score
the solenoids open and shut and programmed times and based on throttle response from the throttle positioning sensor. They open and close to let fluid into the ****** to shift the gears. If you're having a delayed response taking off from a dead stop at a light or something, sounds like the solenoid is opening too late, therefor it's hesitating......sounds like a somewhat easy fix. All depends on where that solenoid is on the ******.

on aother note, the "bzzzzzzttttick" you hear when changing from reverse to drive for example or first putting it into drive is the solenoide opening and shutting rapidly. They make the same noise drivnig down the road, just you can't hear it cause of the road noise from the tires and everything. Chrysler automatics are the noisest of them all that i've heard, but if you listen closely you can hear other manufacturers ******'s making the same noises.

Latest posts

Members online