Cheap '05+ Jeep Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet.

You been chewin on it - or what?

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would dump that pos the same day I get a Jeep.
I hate the KEY+REMOTE combination, it feels cheap, empty and buttons are awkward. I love my 04 remote and separate key.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to get the ROCK key.

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to get the ROCK key.

You must be registered for see images

That's a nice key. So I found it on the net and they want $21.00 for it and it says it does not have a transponder. A little pricey for just a key.

Nice key though.

Dave

RamSport47

Reaction score
Looks like someone peeled the JEEP label off of the back. It's the same key/transmitter they (Chrysler) use on everything now, and they affix a different brand name too it. Seems to me it either caught something and pulled off, or someone tugged on it

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, that's better but it'only good for 02-04 so it wouldn't work on mine. I hate my key.

Dave

Sorry, gonna get a bit off topic for a sec here... Those are programmable if you have TWO keys but, what if, say, the used stealership you bought the Jeep from kept one (pretty sure they they did, anyway) and you only have one key? Do I have to take the blank to a real stealership to get it programmed?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I wish I could use the rock key... however... I have the Security Group and the alarm is disengaged by unlocking the door with the unlock button. If you manually unlock the door, the alarm goes off.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine never goes off. The stock "security" system defends against car theft, not property theft or vandalizm.. I like it that way, my uncles 06's alarm is stupid. It keeps locking itself, it screams everytime someone opens the door, it is so stupid. If you forget to lock you jeep when youleave, you deserve whatever happens. Do you forget your kid on the street?