CD won't eject

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stock stereo in my KJ. Sometimes when it gets cold outside, a CD won't eject. In the past, once the interior of the Jeep warmed up, it would work again.
However, now the CD won't eject at all. It's hasn't worked in days.
I've had some people tell me that there should be a small button that should manually eject the CD. Supposedly it's just inside the port where the CD is inserted, but I don't see anything.

Anyone have any ideas about this?? I really like the Black Keys, but I amkinda getting tired of listening to the same 12 songs over and over.:icon_confused:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks HJ, I was hoping there was a way to do it without pulling the stereo, but I guess it just couldn't be that easy.

I guess it's out to the nice balmy 4 degree garage to take a look.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine was like that for a few days, finally hit a large pot hole and it flew out , never had another problem

SoonerJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a stuck CD too. At least it's a favorite Jimmy Buffett CD. CD player started intermittently not ejecting. Then one day it wouldn't eject at all and hasn't since. Jimmys' been stuck for almost a year.