CB Antenna Mounting Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to put a CB in my rig, but I have no idea how to mount a CB antenna on this thing. I don't want to drill into the body. Anybody have any clever brackets or ideas for putting a fiberglass antenna like a Firestik on? Thanks in advance!:D

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gris,

I've checked out your page/setup in the past - how is the radio reception with this? Can you run the radio/CB at the same time? Can you use the stock antenna for the CB? (I know a CB antenna will have better range, but will the stock AM/FM antenna work?)

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gris,

I've checked out your page/setup in the past - how is the radio reception with this? Can you run the radio/CB at the same time? Can you use the stock antenna for the CB? (I know a CB antenna will have better range, but will the stock AM/FM antenna work?)

Radio reception improved with the Firestick. I can't say how much, but it's better. Quality is the same, but range has extended a good amount. Stations that used to stop the scan, but were really fuzzy are now clear and a whole new batch of fuzzy stations stop the scan that I never had before.

Radio and CB work fine at the same time. TBO, I very rarely have both going. If I'm on the trail, sure, but on the highway, if I turn the CB on, I usually want to hear what's up, so turn the radio down.

I don;t know how well the stock antenna would perform. I'm not so sure it would work. CB antennas are wound very differently than an AM/FM antenna that is just concerned with length. Also, a CB antenna needs to be "tuned". most have a small screw at the tip that can be adjusted up and down to get the exact perfect length. even the slightest adjustment will throw off the reception to the CB. I'd think that unless you got EXTREMELY lucky, there is no way that the stock antenna could be anywhere close to perfectly tuned.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock antenna won't work for CB, bu the CB antenna will work for the radio with a splitter/duplexer (which is listed in the write-up as being available from Firestik).

sini

Reaction score
sorry for the dodgy quality... phone camera

that's the around town antenna & have a larger one when off-roading.

antenna lead runs into the plastic rail mount, thru the gutter channel, down the a-pillar, into the front fender, then into the engine bay & thru firewall.

similar to this click here

DSC00162.JPG

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Cool, I like that one too. Anybody have one on the spare tire or carrier?

I did... the installation pics have been lost for a long time now. This is all I have now...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

It was a merely OK position to mount the antenna. Few holes drilled in the mount... the issue is that it blocks the flipper glass and requires a little special method to close the gate (closing the gate and glass at the same time)... bit annoying.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, thanks man. I like that idea but I never thought about the glass and gate problems!

At least there's no visible holes. :) When I do it again, I will still put the antenna in that same spot. It doesn't "look right" to me anywhere else. Of course since I have a different Jeep now, I will have to buy a new antenna. Maybe blue this time around.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about mounting one in the same place that marlon has one.. But I would use a quick disconnect that allows the antenna to hinge down so that the window could be opened.