CB Antenna in Existing Antenna Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnw

Reaction score
I know it's probably been discussed, but I can't find the thread through the search tool.

Anywho, I want to install a CB/PA in my kj, however I think aesthetically the antenna looks great mounted on the existing AM/FM antenna.

I found the Wiki article on how to bore and tap. My question is in the electrical. I'm a noob on all the radio stuff.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Jeep_Liberty/Electrical/CB_Radio/Upgraded_CB_Antenna_Installation

I'm not sure why the splitter is necessary; also will the antenna still work for my stock AM/FM radio? Also, when using the existing mount, do I use a coax cable? The article makes it seem like I take advantage of existing wiring.

Thanks guys!

**Update**

Did a literally 30 seconds of research to find out what the splitter does. It makes the CB antenna the AM/FM antenna!

Last edited:

2002KJLimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted my antenna off the rear tire carrier, used a mount that clamps onto one of the stud nuts from the carrier to the body. A 12ft coax fits from the antenna to under the weather strip on the rear gate, run on the floor to the passenger footwell. My Cobra 29ltd classic is mounted on the plastic on the passenger side of the trans tunnel.
You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of how you mounted it to the spare?