Spare tire antenna mounting bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LucasKB9MEJ

Reaction score
hello all I am Lucas from San Antonio Texas I have an 06 Liberty want to mount a CB or HF ham radio antenna to the spare tire antenna mounting bracket is there a bracket in production? Looking to install a 3/8-24 type antenna like a hamstick or 102” whip wondering if such an animal already exists? Or does anyone know how to make one needs to be grounded to the body also where can I mount a diamond SO-239 mount? For VHF/UHF? I’m sure someone has already done it and has some ideas I don’t run high powered CB amps anymore so I don’t need to devirginize my roof with a puck mount like I did on my old long-nosed suburban I want something that performs well but also doesn’t look completely hideous either any thoughts or ideas?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I have an SO-239 door lip mount for VHF/UHF on the top front of the driver's side passenger door with the coax taped down the inside of the door down to the hinge. Left some slack for door motion and taped the rest down the door pillar. Coax stashes below the driver's seat until it's needed. It's a Comet RS-730.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
MANY years ago on the 04 I made a mount for the rear, basically took a chuck of flat steep, about two inches wide. Bolted it behind the carrier ( between it and the body ) let it stick up. Then remounted the spare and then bend it down flat on top of the spare. It basically say on top of the tire then. Was out of the way of the rear glass, wasn't in the way, wheeled with it, DD'd it and never had any issues at all