Catalytic Converter Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hapster

Reaction score
I did use NGK. I'm going to replace both downstream sensors before I change the cats. Anyone know if they would be cover under warranty?

blanchae

Reaction score
I just got a 0420 and 0430 code on my Liberty. Is it possible for both of the cats to go bad at the same time? Could it be something else causing those codes?
Old post but not likely. One code for one cat and O2 sensor pair and the other code is for the other side. I've had both codes pop up when I've pressure washed the engine compartment or there's been a heavy rainstorm and the wiring/connector which is common to both got wet. Dried out, erased code and good to go.

blanchae

Reaction score
I just got a 0420 and 0430 code on my Liberty. Is it possible for both of the cats to go bad at the same time? Could it be something else causing those codes?
I was just researching receiving both codes and came across your question. Just checked under our new used Jeep Liberty and it is throwing both codes because the previous owner cut out the cats and replaced them with straight pipes. I was checking the exhaust for leaks because it is a little bit louder than stock and smells rich.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.