Cargo Space weight limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know
I am the guy who installs/services those scales
that is not the fishy part
the part that is fishy is that they told him he had 1422# on a scale
that ,by federal law, has to weigh by 20# division if it is being used for buying or selling
the other fishy part was that his KJ weighed under 4000#
even a 2wd 4 ****** weighs over 4000#
just saying........
Actually a 2wd 4 ****** KJ sits at about 3700lbs,heck my 4wd Limited was only 3960lbs when it was mostly stock.

muffinman

Reaction score
I would guess the numbers that bother you would be caused by the fact it weighed 1440 and they deducted 2# for the weight of each bucket making it 1422. As for the weight of the Libby don't assume they are all the same, have seen several that were alot different.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weight of the Libby also depends on how much gas was in it. Maybe he was running on fumes. Anyway, I found a friend to help me move the pellets so I'll have 1000# or less in the back of the Jeep. I'll try to take pics. I think we're picking them up this weekend.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

had to adjust my headlights...

That looks like a good load boebr........how much did it weigh?

Dave

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, 3 adults (weights from 150-210lb), 36"tv, 27"tv, 13"tv, stereo, various other things all inside jeep. king size mattress, springs, and wood post bed frame with foot and head boards, chairs, tables, clothes, toys, etc... on 16-18" trailer... im gonna guess that we had about 800 lbs on the trailer... tongue weight? no idea, but I was riding on the bump stops (not extended)... probably in the 300lb range. I got to tow this thing up a 6% grade and down a 6-8% grade covered in snow and ice, with tractor trailers spinning out, and sliding towards me, and almost crushing me against the center rail... very eventful trip!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, 3 adults (weights from 150-210lb), 36"tv, 27"tv, 13"tv, stereo, various other things all inside jeep. king size mattress, springs, and wood post bed frame with foot and head boards, chairs, tables, clothes, toys, etc... on 16-18" trailer... im gonna guess that we had about 800 lbs on the trailer... tongue weight? no idea, but I was riding on the bump stops (not extended)... probably in the 300lb range. I got to tow this thing up a 6% grade and down a 6-8% grade covered in snow and ice, with tractor trailers spinning out, and sliding towards me, and almost crushing me against the center rail... very eventful trip!

Sounds like fun to me.........:smokin:

Dave

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On second thought, the tongue weight may have been in the 400+lbs range. Empty, the trailer squatted the Jeep a good 2 inches and had to be around 250lbs or more. Given an opportunity to do it all over again, but differently... I wouldn't do it all... but if I absolutely had to... ome heavy duty springs or some coil-overs or air shock would be on my want list. I weigh 210 in work clothes and boots, and when I stand on the hitch ball it doesn't squat down 2 inches

Last edited:

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up putting around 850 lbs of pellets in the back of the Jeep. I think she could have taken a bit more but the rest fit in my biddies pickup. Drove fine and the ass wasn't dragging down the street or anything.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes me wonder what the real tongue weight was and weight of tvs and person in back of mine on that trip was...

WEilers

Reaction score
For two years, I used my 03 Liberty to deliver Nuclear Medicine. One morning, I took a total of 15 cases, 30lbs each: 15x30=450lbs.

P.S: don't sit on the back seat.