Cant get air out of cooling system.....ug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you could have a small leak in the head gasket which is allowing combustion gases to get into the coolant. My truck has this issue. I get the same gurgling sounds in the heater core along with an occasional higher than normal temp gauge reading. I have no white smoke in exhaust, no loss of coolant and no coolant in the oil (or oil in coolant). I pressurized all 6 cylinders with compressed air at TDC, removed the radiator cap and noticed the coolant rise up and out of the radiator on 2 of the cylinders which confirmed this problem. You might want to perform a similar test on your Jeep or do a simple block test, which would probably be easier. .
This us kinda what I was worried the issue would be.
I'll see about doing more tests.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This us kinda what I was worried the issue would be.
I'll see about doing more tests.
Get it up on a good and steep hill, open the cap and fire it back up, turn heat on wide open. Make sure you get the air out and have coolant rising up out, and you have HOT heat. Then throw the cap on and see how it goes.

It's very ******* a total **** dry system to get the air out. You have to get the heater core way below and cycle it through to get the air out of there.

If that don't fix it, then yeah you may have a head gasket leak. You should see a high level in the catch bottle from this.