Can't Figure It Out! Please Help, Anyone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kal808

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll

I drive a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport.
Yesterday I was sitting in a parking lot with the car running and my Radiator Cap was spewing out coolant.

I have tried everything I can think of, I replaced the cap, changed both upper and lower hoses, changed the thermostat, checked the water pump, checked the radiator for cracks or leaks, performed a full flush and nothing seems to be helping. After doing all this it still spewing out the side. Cap locked in placed it is OEM straight from Jeep.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Rad cap? My KJ recovery tank with cap is against the firewall.
If it is spewing out the side it may an indication that the tank itself has expanded/crack & needs replacement or gasket is not working?
Is temp gauge in the middle while hot? Use an OBD2 reader to confirm actual running temperatures. Did you use a Morpar thermostat & install it correctly?
You must be registered for see images attach

Overheating not good, is the electrical cooling fan running?. Try turning on the A/C, is the electrical fan running then? Do you have the mechanical fan?
Are you using HOAT or ZEREX G-05 coolant?
Allow the Jeep to cool down overnight & then check the coolant level first thing in the AM & fill or check the coolant reservoir to be at the cold line in the middle.
Are you having to add coolant in the AM, trapped air situation?
Check oil dipstick, should be clean without any bubbles or milky looking water or substance with no white smoke out the tail pipe.

Last edited:

Kal808

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I figured it out, retraced everything. Did a little more digging and came to the conclusion "Blown Head Gasket". Found bubbles on the dipstick and bubbles forcing it's way into the reservoir. Just another great day in the life of me lol I'm currently pulling everything out and working on fixing it.

Latest posts

Members online