Can I Trust a Valvoline Trans Flush?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some other people on the board my transmission needs new fluid. From what I've heard from you guys a Jeep dealer will charge around $300 for it.

I can get it done at the Valvoline shop for about half the price. But are they trustworthy?

Or should I stick with the dealer?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Valvoline does make a approved ATF+4,as long as you make 100% sure they are using ATF+4,like requesting no bulk oil and using bottled oil and then request you want the used bottles(make sure you witness then pouring the correct stuff into the machine).Also ask who made there trans machine,if it's not a WYNN's,BG,or a EVERWEAR supplied one I'd pass.

Oh and the $300 at the dealership is a flush and filter change,just a flush alone is about $150-$180 and many offer coupons on the websites.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to work at one of those Valvoline Oil change shops when I was a kid. I can confirm that the ATF+4 drum is only filled with ATF+4. It's delivered in a seperate 5 gallon bucket, then transfered into a drum where it can be filled into the flush machine.

What the VIOC guys can't do is reflash the transmission after the fluid swap. Which is recommended.

Members online

No members online now.