Can I drive with no CV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally took of my front CV joint because the terrible clanging sounds were happening even in 2wd now. I now need to order the new CV joint. Can I still drive without tearing stuff up if I don't have the front drive shaft on the Jeep? Or should I park it till I get the new CV joint and front shaft back on the vehicle?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tube of the proper grease should be in the box. The kit is a very good, complete kit. I didn't use the Allen-heads bolts that came with my kit cuz its easier to bolt the head back in with a standard socket. Not enough room for an Allen wrench up in there so I re-used the old bolts.

Bob

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine looks like it has everything but grease. I have the Main part, two little gasket things, a bag of hardware, and a cap for each end (the open end has a rubber boot) That is all that is in there.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
You could hit that [!] icon in the lower left side of the offending post to let one of the mods/admins know about it so it can be removed... just sayin'. ;)

Latest posts

Members online