Buying Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pewterbird

Reaction score
Im considering a Liberty for my new car. What features should I make sure to get, and what should I look out for. Im looking for 2005-2006 Liberty 4X4. Possibly a Renegade.

How come not all Renegades have the lightbar?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pewterbird said:
Im considering a Liberty for my new car. What features should I make sure to get, and what should I look out for. Im looking for 2005-2006 Liberty 4X4. Possibly a Renegade.

How come not all Renegades have the lightbar?

They made it an option after 04.. Which I think was stupid b/c I think it looks great. I would get it for sure. The EVIC is a nice feature also. Its the computer mounted to the ceiling that tells you the temp, mpg, DTE, and a bunch of other stuff..

Ohh!! (welcome)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renegades are nice, but an LTD with skid plate set, receiver, hooks & lightbar will also do you a good if you are planning to get 07 (and rene was discontinued)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pewterbird, welcome!

One thing I would look for is a Liberty with Selec-Trac, which offers both full-time 4x4 and part-time 4x4. Otherwise, with Command-Trac, you'll just have part-time 4x4 (see this thread: http://jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1499 ). I like having Selec-Trac, as anytime the roads get wet, I engage it.

Personally, I also like the Limited with the leather and everything. But the Renny is nice too! If you have any more questions, let us know. I love owning a Liberty. It's a great all around Jeep that won't break the pocket book.

Good-luck. (Cheers)

dnm45227

Reaction score
Just go the route we did, get a LTD (in our case CRD) and a Renegade.

Seriously though, selectrac, evic, steering wheel radio controls, heated seats, lightbar and skids. The only thing is you won't find one with all these options. You'll have to decide which are your favs and get the most out the door as you can, then open the wallet.

kliff

Reaction score
Just as a "head's up." december can be a very good month to buy a new Liberty.
Last year my local dealer sold 74 units, so this year Chrysler dumped 116 units on them to sell in December.....well the dealer doesn't want to pay inventory tax......so to make a long story short, I got a $21K "stickerred Liberty Sport for $15.5K NEW

All I'm saying is check out what kinda deal you can make on a new unit, as opposed to used, when you're in the market in December....and this applies to ANY brand.

Just my $0.02 worth.....

FoxChung

Reaction score
I like my 05 Renegade which has EVIC, select-trac, audio steering control, and the bolt-on fender flares and lightbar which are my favourite.... all standard equipped and I have my Renny leather trim as well with chrome front grill.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Select-Trac, EVIC, Skids, heated seats (depending where you live) are great options. The Renegade model is outstanding but you can always add the lightbar and skids to a sport or Limited and get the same results.

IMHO, why not go with the sport for a few thousand less and add the additional components at the sale. They will most likely do all the installation for you. Now you saved $$$ but got the same effect. Great deals are out there also since Chrysler over produced this year, they want to push out their vehicles. Especially now that they are in production for the totally redesigned 2008 Liberty.

Welcome to the site and good luck with your choice!

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy a renegade.... I bought a freedom edition which i love but found out i wanted all the extra goodies on it later on which is not cheap.. if you can find a renegade with he light bar skids etc etc go for it

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pakjrenegade said:
Do what we did...
so far we have a
02 Sport
03 Renegade
04 Columbia

just collect 'em all!

I don't see a Limited, or a 65th yet! On, and don't forget about the KK next August! (biggrin)

Latest posts

Members online