Busted Hose ID?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AiDub

Reaction score
Tried driving my 2005 Jeep Liberty 3.7L earlier and noticed it started to smoke from the engine bay. Popped open the hood and saw that a hose had busted. I'm not sure what the hose goes to or what flows through it. Any help figuring out what it is and if it's a minor or major repair I'm looking at would be greatly appreciated.

See attached photos.

Attachments

• 20170109_161649.jpg
    20170109_161649.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20170109_161640.jpg
    20170109_161640.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 34

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's most likely a crankcase hose.
Sorry, i don't know the diameter of the hose.

It's a minor repair. you want a hose that want collapse on a vacuum.

Last edited:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a new one from moparpartsoverstock for pretty cheap.. other than just going to the dealer I'd say it's the best route.
You can use heater hose easily, but they are preformed hoses so should just get replacement oem ones..
IIRC they're 5/8" but I'll run down to the garage to double check

AiDub

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like an easy fix. What exactly should I purchase from Moparparts? How fast is their shipping?

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite an easy fix once you have the right hose found.. I ordered my crankcase hoses through them, and I believe it was around a week, maybe slightly less bit I'm sure there's various shipping options.
You can get a foot of heater hose from any autoparts store to hold you over until then. Just checked, and the ones on mine are 5/8", but the part that connects to the air intake is 1/2".. i believe that even my stock ones have the diameter written on them though, so you may want to take yours off and doublecheck.
But judging by your picture they look to me, to be 1/2".. but I can't confirm, easy way to check is to pull them off, and measure the opening because the diameter is inside diameter.. ex: 1/2" ID.
So if you need the Jeep before then, I'd get a foot of 1/2" heater hose and cut it to length...
Just take the ripped hose off, and cut the new one slightly longer, because you'll want to keep the turns gradual to keep the line from turning to sharp and possibly collapsing under vacuum. I ran heater hose in place of my crankcase hoses for months...
But my hoses are different than yours.
Did a quick search on moparpartsoverstock for you but it's an astounding amount of results lol.
I just put in your jeep and searched crankcase ventilation hose.. if you can't find it, I'll keep looking.

Last edited:

AiDub

Reaction score
The problem isn't the hose it looks like. Its the connector that connects the 3 hoses together. Is there a part number or something for that connector?

Attachments

• received_10154251449225950.jpg
    received_10154251449225950.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh alright, I thought you had a hole in them or something..
If you pull the hoses off the connector there should be a part number on it. All the connectors on my crankcase hoses have numbers on them..
If you can't see it on the front, might be on the back.. either way, probably easier on you to check than to spend an hour looking through page after page trying to find it online

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• PCV%202.jpg
    PCV%202.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But to the OP, should be able to order it at the dealer and hopefully get it next day.
Likely be $30 there, but you won't have to pay shipping so should come out about the same but be quicker..
Either way, should be the same part.

And just a forewarning, every crankcase hose I've gotten, even my pcv hose through the dealer...they're all slightly thinner and flimsier than the hard premolded hoses that you'll pull off

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya good idea but IDK where they are right now.
I may have turfed em or ?

AiDub

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered the assembly so it should be here any day. Wish me luck on the repair.

Latest posts

Members online