Bumpers swiped, hood keyed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
(blarg)
Why!?(dunno)

First I notice someone slightly swiped my rear bumper, passenger side, it was thin but slightly deep line, I said OK, I can probably cover it up later.
A week later, the other side! Some other a-hole swiped the other side getting out of parking space when I was at the parking lot... And most recently, someone simply keyed my hood, it is disgusting, nauseating and sickening.

You must be registered for see images

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch! What woman did you piss off?:D People that have no respect for another person's personal property truly annoy me.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ouch! What woman did you piss off?:D People that have no respect for another person's personal property truly annoy me.

x2...

I think both area's are a bit much for wet sanding....I think this might be a paint job...:(

Mopar4L1fe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to get most of that off the bumper but as for the hood... not so good.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bumpers I could live; I wouldn't like it but I could live with it. The keying is deliberate and would have me watching a hidden camera until the lowlife came back for another try, then he'd get to see how much lead it takes to fill a scumbag! :mad:

I seriously despise people who ruin others' property, I don't care if they have a reason or not. :mad: :mad: :mad:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no sports signs, stickers, etc..

1 - Costco Parking Lot
2 - Costco Parking Lot
3- In front of my office!

I actually did not really think it happened at the Costco parking lot until I went back and got the driver side, then I realized. I parked in different places, but the area to back out of the spot is too tight, so if a larger vehicle parks next to you they would have to steer a lot, because there isn't a lot of space to back out. You can see that they are different type of vehciles/bumpers but certainly a metal/steel bumper type.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyed, I saw your pic's over on LOST earlier and commented so I won't repeat. But I had a thought......How about if you go to a body shop (there must be a good one around there) and tell them you don't want to put a insurance claim in and want an estimate. They usually don't charge for an estimate (around here anyway) and you could get an idea of how much to fix it anyway. Then you could decide what to do.

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somebody does that to my KJ and they better have damn good life insurance as their next of kin will need the money to put them in the ground.

People that don't respect others property gets me hotter than "H" "E" double hockey sticks...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Somebody does that to my KJ and they better have damn good life insurance as their next of kin will need the money to put them in the ground.

People that don't respect others property gets me hotter than "H" "E" double hockey sticks...

Me too....

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that really *****! I also wonder if the bumper will need to be replaced since it is plastic or if they are able to sand it down. Hood will at least need a respray too since they really worked that key into it. I do have to say, your Jeep seems to be proof of the broken windows theory regarding social order (the major I'm pursuing is in the social sciences field). To oversimplify it, it basically discusses how crime/vandalism starts with a minor issue and then other criminals see that damage has already been done, so they decide they are able to continue it themselves. They may have seen the recent parking lot damage, assumed it was someone who did not care about their car (rather than someone with two unfortunate incidents in the same week) and left their mark. Just a thought, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I read your description.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Estimate is $600-$1000. Depending on what I get done. This was BEFORE hood was mutilated. $1000 deal included complete clay, polish, wax, and all small scratches I have around the jeep.

I was hoping I could find a rear bumper in a junk yard some place, still no luck.. Since rear bumper is just a cover.
Even maybe I can find a hood off a rear ended/totaled KJ, it would be an easy replacement.

w8in4yurmom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try mequire's scratch x for now to reduce the appearence of the swipes. The more you use it the more it will blend them out. For a grand I would just buy the arb bumper and the cowl hood for six hundred but I like to spend money. The lib. would look b.a. though.....

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Estimate is $600-$1000. Depending on what I get done. This was BEFORE hood was mutilated. $1000 deal included complete clay, polish, wax, and all small scratches I have around the jeep.

I was hoping I could find a rear bumper in a junk yard some place, still no luck.. Since rear bumper is just a cover.
Even maybe I can find a hood off a rear ended/totaled KJ, it would be an easy replacement.

saw a hood on e-bay today,might be able to find again.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.stjamesauto.com is a salvage yard here in MN, they have a nice 02' KJ in black that just came in, was in a flood but the body is perfect without a scratch on it. They ship anywhere, when i was there they were boxing up fenders and hoods, windshields, you name it. Sure shipping would be a big bill but just a thought...

In the end i think its cheaper to have a local body shop shoot a new coat of paint on the hood and be done with it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In the end i think its cheaper to have a local body shop shoot a new coat of paint on the hood and be done with it.

That's what I would do...once you factor in the shipping and what not, you could've had a paint job...:)