Bumper chop...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh there is no way in heck I could talk her into doing something like that with it now, but in a couple years when we get her into another jeep and the KJ becomes "fully" mine...its awn.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
And get them chromed and hang them off the back of her pickup truck, probably?

I really like look of the 02-04 bumpers trimmed... I think they really lend themselves to it.

i have mixed feelings on it.. yes they are well suited to it.. but i liek the look of them in general even stock..

i really dont liek the 05+ bumpers

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it gives your tires a better approach angle. (dunno)

Not saying it doesn't. If you wheel hard enough stuff and it becomes necessary then by all means, chop away. I think it looks better the way it is. I like how mine looked stock, but my front bumper got all beat up and I chopped off the bottom. I think it looked better before, but it needed to be done.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I never cut my front bumper but then I installed the ARB before it was 6 months old
Rear bumper I wanted to get it up higher to match the front, plus every time I went off road I had a ton of mud stuck up in there, climb under it to do anything and it would fall out on me, so I cut it off
Plus you want to personalize your ride to make it your own.
I don't like looking the same as every other black 04 Sport out there:D

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
What did you use to cut the back bumper, Tom? That's something I'm considering... eventually. :p

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What did you use to cut the back bumper, Tom? That's something I'm considering... eventually. :p

I am rude and crude ya know
:D
so I used a drywall saw, same thing I used on Larrys fenders, well even mine when I installed the ARB.
Tried a dremal but didn't like it

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Dremmel is what I was thinking of using... I'm afraid of an uneven cut though.

I know - measure twice, cut once...

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think im going to cut out those useless fog wells. useless because i have no fogs and useless because i've already destroyed the pins that connect the bumper to the fender in that location so it looks separated anyways. I like the look. Definitely means Im gonna do some coloring too if you know what I mean. Gray, black, and....Red? i like.

Blue KJ in PA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took out the feckless fog light hole fillers when I pulled the bumper cover off to install my front hitch way back in '05 or so...(biggrin)

You must be registered for see images attach

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'05 Renegade.....

Before.....

After....

No offense but that has to be the oddest looking front end with the holder you have on there... But its still cool..

73!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sawsall ???? dang you're not cutting through anything tough

All you need is a drywall saw really, dremel works but not as well
also make some curves in it where the lights should be, squared angles looks bad
I cut the one below with a drywall saw and look at the curve which blends in more nicely than square cuts

Last edited:

Midgear

Reaction score
Think im going to cut out those useless fog wells. useless because i have no fogs and useless because i've already destroyed the pins that connect the bumper to the fender in that location so it looks separated anyways. I like the look.

in bold, exactly what's happened to me, and would be a good reason to just chop it off.