Bull Bar and Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should not change mileage at all since they are very lightweight. Very cheaply made as well

RedJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom for the reply. Can a winch be attached to these basic bars or would a much beefier one be needed? I also figure one of these would help with tie downs for stuff on the roof.

Dan

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you can not put a winch on them
You can not tie any thing to them
You can not push any thing with them
You can not pull any thing with them

They require you to remove your tow hooks
That you can pull from
They serve no function beyond looks

RedJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the comments. I think I'll stick with ordering Mopar tow hooks for the front and leave it at that.

Dan

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have hooked up to my westin brush guard. Pulls just fine(connected near mount)! Infact, I going to put hooks on the side of it. Ran a 4runner this way for years, also had a winch, never ever any issues.

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
I have hooked up to my westin brush guard. Pulls just fine(connected near mount)! Infact, I going to put hooks on the side of it. Ran a 4runner this way for years, also had a winch, never ever any issues.

You were risking tearing it off every time you pulled something. Or bending it into a stinger

sent via Morse code

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Them and pine tree air freshners are one and the same , worthless
and the air freshners are almost as strong strength wise
Now maybe your 4 Runner had a better setup but the junk they sell for the KJs are nothing more than very thin metal which do not hold up to anything

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
The State of Kentucky seems to think brush guard is plenty strong.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
That push bar looks like a Warn unit and is made to use a winch.
Those other two in the links that The fellow Dan posted look like cheap Chinese knock offs of U.S. made versions.
I remember reading here about a member who bought one of those cheap versions and had to modify and or make his own mounts as the ones that came with his purchase were crap!
Check out YouTube, there are several vids of cheap push bars getting yanked off of vehicles when used for recovery...
Great way to damage the area where tow hooks should be mounted!

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
The State of Kentucky seems to think brush guard is plenty strong.

Your argument lost validity when you posted a WARN product. What are they known for? You really think they would produce a product that their money maker can't be attached to?

Also on a side note i now understand why your so negative towards me. The pictures explained it all

sent via Morse code

03 JEEP KJ BIG BLUE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so are there any good brush guards that are not uber expensive?

also if your a just looking to not scratch the eff out of your front end on hunting trails those cheap bars are ok right? i dont do a lot of off roading but i do stick the jeep in the woods every now and again.

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
so are there any good brush guards that are not uber expensive?

also if your a just looking to not scratch the eff out of your front end on hunting trails those cheap bars are ok right? i dont do a lot of off roading but i do stick the jeep in the woods every now and again.

if you get stuck with a cheap one your probably screwed. I'd honestly choose tow points over a brush guard any day. Find a cheap bumper and go from there. You can have best of both worlds

sent via Morse code

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
The thing with brush gaurds/push bars is that if you are unfortunate to have a front end collision, they end up causing more damage than not having one fitted!
One of the members here: Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country - View Profile: LibertyTC
Has a Setina PB400 (Products | Setina Manufacturing )
fitted and he had to have all the mounting hardware modified and re-inforced as well as add additional bracing on the bottom of the push bar to make it usable for its intended purpose.
However, all the additional bracing underneath totally killed his trucks approach angle and will dig into the ground.

Othe than the Warn push bar pictured above, all the other versions I've seen would require extensive modification to support a functional winch.
Either that or mount a Detours Backbone winch mount and then add a push bar around the Backbone to get the look you are after!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mopars are the same, all of them are like Christmas decorations, might be nice to look at but thats about it
My ARB (yes they cost some extra coin) but mines hit 4 deer, a few trees/rocks, and a Toyota Camry and just some small scrapes, more than paid for itself :shrug:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Those photographs that Ridenby posted of that Kentucky State KJ and it's "Warn" push bar must be an in house custom installation.
Either that or the only thing "Warn" about it is the Warn sticker.
The reason i say that is, I checked out Warn's website and there is not one bumper or push bar offered for a Jeep Liberty.

03 JEEP KJ BIG BLUE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i looked as well and found nothing. i think im just going to get hooks and skids and maybe track down a set of lights to mount on my mirrors for now. if anyone has a descent set they want to part with for a cheap price let me know. thanks for the info guys. glad i didint go out and waste a bunch of money on crap

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
i looked as well and found nothing. i think im just going to get hooks and skids and maybe track down a set of lights to mount on my mirrors for now. if anyone has a descent set they want to part with for a cheap price let me know. thanks for the info guys. glad i didint go out and waste a bunch of money on crap

It's too bad you don't live closer by to us...
I have so many sets of halogen driving and fog lights it's just not funny anymore!:D

Latest posts

Members online