brush guard question*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i found a "brush guard" that i like and it says it doesnt fit my liberty. i have an 03 renegade. it says it will fit a 02-04 limited. why would it not be able to fit my bumper if its within those years? i swear to you i see a black renegade around the same year as mine with one on it. im just confused.:confused: please help out.

heres the link to the brush guard.
http://www.autotrucktoys.com/liberty/Mopar-OEM-Jeep-Liberty-Molded-Brush-Guard-02-04-P2292C526.aspx
THat would be a brush guard for a '02 THROUGH '04 KJ,that means '02,'03,and '04.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It'll fit. You'll have to remove your tow hooks on the front, as that brush guard uses the tow hook mounting holes.

2003renegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kno but it says it wont fit on the bottom of the page. i thought it was odd it said that cuz dont all 02-04 libertys have the same front end?

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the only issue is the jump to 05-07 since the front bumpers protrude more than the earlier models. I retrofitted an 02-04 guard onto my 07 (when I had it) and the cutting and drilling wasn't too bad. With an 03, my guess would be anything will work since the mounts are basically the same, just the 05-07 bars would offer more bumper clearance.

Personally, I'd go with a metal bar. The product you linked is awfully expensive for what it is. After shipping and painting you might as well hold out for a used ARB.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the only issue is the jump to 05-07 since the front bumpers protrude more than the earlier models. I retrofitted an 02-04 guard onto my 07 (when I had it) and the cutting and drilling wasn't too bad. With an 03, my guess would be anything will work since the mounts are basically the same, just the 05-07 bars would offer more bumper clearance.

Personally, I'd go with a metal bar. The product you linked is awfully expensive for what it is. After shipping and painting you might as well hold out for a used ARB.
I attempted to do the same thing, but was unsuccessful. Luckily I barely paid anything for it so... :)

It now hangs in the garage as an ornament, lol.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted to do the same thing, but was unsuccessful.
What did you attempt, an '02-'04 to '05-'07 or the inverse?