Broken Rear Upper Control Arm Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pchambers

Reaction score
Hello, the other day I heard a pop in the rear of my jeep like something broke. Since then, the rear end was making a lot of noise (like clanging pots and pans) similar to if I'd broken a universal. I took it to the shop and they found that the bracket connecting the rear diff to the upper control arm ball joint had broken in half. Neither of us had heard of this happening before and I can't find that bracket online anywhere. Any suggestions?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, the other day I heard a pop in the rear of my jeep like something broke. Since then, the rear end was making a lot of noise (like clanging pots and pans) similar to if I'd broken a universal. I took it to the shop and they found that the bracket connecting the rear diff to the upper control arm ball joint had broken in half. Neither of us had heard of this happening before and I can't find that bracket online anywhere. Any suggestions?

Wow - I've never heard of one of those breaking before. That's bizarre... :icon_rolleyes:

You could look around at junk yards in your area and if they have an axle from an '02 to '07 Liberty then just take the part off the axle housing. If you don't have any luck there I did find the part online - but it's expensive. But then again so is a rear suspension that's barely held on to the frame.

Here ya go - search under "Suspension & Steering," Rear Suspension, Upper Control Arm, Bracket. It's the first part listed then, and if you click the Diagram icon to the right of the description it is shown as part #8 in the diagram:

Rear Axle Bracket - MoparOnlineParts.com

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it the part the bolts to the rear diff and the ball joint goes into or ??
More explanation or picture would be helpful.
If its the part that bolts to the rear diff then check junk yards, when they sell a diff they remove them.

crdjon

Reaction score
upper bracket break

Mine went the other day. Not sure Ill put the same stuff back, looks like a load of longer cheaper stronger parts from the nissan world going back in so this stuff stops happening.