braking issue diagnosis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed yesterday that when i brake i get a slight pulling or wobble motion. it almost feels loose. its not very noticeable at slow stops but if i get down on the brakes its a little worse. i am extremely sensitive to odd quirks when it comes to my jeep. i notice almost every little thing.

what do i need to check? (just brainstorming here)
lug nuts?
brake pads and rotors?(last oil change the shop said they were good)
ball joint?
power steering?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds to me like warped rotors, especially if you're noticing the worst of it when braking at higher speeds.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with the easiest
lug nuts just to make sure
if warped rotors at slow speeds you should almost be able to feel the pedal move up and down slightly ( if they are real bad)
could be a tire with a bad belt as well
some of these are hard to say without actually driving the vehicle

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"could be a tire with a bad belt as well"

forgive me but what does that mean? my tires are a little worn if thats what you mean.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tires can have a belt or belts go bad which causes the tread to go crooked or have a buldge if you will. Happens for no reason or from possibly hitting a curb or hole just the right way.
If you jack up the tire and spin it you could see the tire wobble slightly if it is a broken belt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online