brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need new brakes, and was wondering what the best would be?
money really isn't an option...

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no not that... got some free amazon money ~200 and would like to get new brakes!

DryBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerslot rotors and ceramic pads, just did mine a few weeks ago. Put them through the test today going up and down the mountain along Skyline Drive and that nice little climb and descent on Rte.33 between Virginia and West Virginia.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I cannot help you out, over here we are stuck to mopar and they want $600 for pads and rotors..:(

Here they want US$170 for each rotor and US$150 for each kit of pads (Mopar)

If you replace all... you have to spend like US$980 :eek:

liv42dy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nappa all the way , just did mine last week, 173.50 to exact.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i must be lucky but i had our 02 rotors turned for $8 each and front pads and rear were a total of $40 at auto zone. so $72 plus $3 for new fluid and i bleed them myself.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i must be lucky but i had our 02 rotors turned for $8 each and front pads and rear were a total of $40 at auto zone. so $72 plus $3 for new fluid and i bleed them myself.
That's a good deal but I'd never turn rotors for my personal vehicle since it leads to faster brake fade and causes to many headaches and can be very unsafe.I'd also never,never,never,never put anything to do with something as important as brakes on my KJ that was bought at autozone,pepboys,advance auto parts,or checkers.Just cheap china junk parts that do not last and are of extreme poor quality.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took suggestion from here and used napa premium rotors and ceramic pads, all around. i got the whole kit for 250 out the door. didnt think that was too bad for 4 rotors and 2 sets of pads

havent had any issues, comes with all parts needed

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drums are fun. If you haven't ever done them before, you'll want someone with you who has or you might consider taking it to a shop.

You'll need:
1) Shoes [napa]
2) Spring Pack [napa]
3) Drum (if it's bad)

Do one side at a time so you can use the other side as reference when you get lost with all the spings. I'm still on my original drums and shoes.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also recommend a set of brake spring pliers, an adjusting spoon, and a retaining clip remover. Usually you can get all 3 in one package at any auto parts store. And yes if you havent had the pleasure of drum brakes yet, you might want some help that has.

seriouse

Reaction score
I would also recommend a set of brake spring pliers, an adjusting spoon, and a retaining clip remover. Usually you can get all 3 in one package at any auto parts store. And yes if you havent had the pleasure of drum brakes yet, you might want some help that has.

Agree with the above. I did mine abouth a month ago including wheel cylinders and spring kit an it was a bit "hard"

Last edited:

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im still on my my OEM brakes on front and rear and I have 73,400 miles but Im thinking it gotta be real close to be needing changed

Latest posts

Members online