Brake Controller installation '07 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddielee

Reaction score
I'm on my first Jeep vehicle. Have anyone out there installed a brake controller on their '07 KJ? Where did you hook up the brake-light wire from the brake controller (Location of the hookup site and wire color)?

bjs2063

Reaction score
cool, that should help even better. pictures are always best for a simpleton like me.

Eddielee

Reaction score
LibertyFever - I'm towing a BIG box trailer I built on a cut down flat bed trailer chassis I built many years ago to haul my tractor on (when I was hauling hay). It has brakes - so why not use them. I sincerely thank all of you that responded to my inquiry - It's a big help. I have no problem with the brake wire - I'll be running a dedicated wire from my controller back to my seven pin plug. My problem was where the brake light wire was located and what it's color was. Thanks for the help................eddielee

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish anything I would of taken some pictures of the brake wire that youre looking for. The brake switch is under the dash right above the brake pedal. I cannot remember any colors but the wire color changes anyway. I used a volt meter with some sharp leads and poked through the insulation until I found one giving 12 volts when the brake pedal was pressed. Ill peak my head under the dash and look to see what color wire I used this weekend.