Brake Caliper slider pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that one slider pin is square and the other is oval. Which way do they go in? Like the square one goes on the top or bottom? Please respond ASAP, as I need to get this done now. Need my Jeep for work tomorrow. Thanks!

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that one slider pin is square and the other is oval. Which way do they go in? Like the square one goes on the top or bottom? Please respond ASAP, as I need to get this done now. Need my Jeep for work tomorrow. Thanks!

Square on top
Oval on bottom

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oval shaped head has a key on one side
The square head has a thinner part and a lip on the end
Also the square head is a shorter slider pin so it's for the top of the caliper

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank God I got it right! Because it's all back together, and between the leak at the banjo bolt, and super tight bleed screw...been fighting with it for 5 hours now! Remind me never to try re-use those copper washers! Luckily, I saved the ones from my old JK, and found 2 that were in better condition. And no more leak. Now I have another problem. I should post a new thread, but perhaps someone here can help me? It's a 2004, and I went to take out the air cleaner box, but didn't notice the hose going to the bottom on it. Think it's part of the PVC valve hoses... Snapped the plastic T fitting right off! I am swapping many new parts from my 02" KJ to my 04", and dam if that hose is completely different on the 04'. First off, ob the 02' it connected to the box over the throttle body. The 04' uses a T fitting, and connects to both sides of the engine. So I can't use the part from the 02'. How important is that hose? Can I drive it for a few days until I can get the new parts? I am going to try and super glue it together for now, and perhaps seal it with silicone, wrap it with some tape. Until I can get the new parts. Please help!

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank God I got it right! Because it's all back together, and between the leak at the banjo bolt, and super tight bleed screw...been fighting with it for 5 hours now! Remind me never to try re-use those copper washers! Luckily, I saved the ones from my old JK, and found 2 that were in better condition. And no more leak. Now I have another problem. I should post a new thread, but perhaps someone here can help me? It's a 2004, and I went to take out the air cleaner box, but didn't notice the hose going to the bottom on it. Think it's part of the PVC valve hoses... Snapped the plastic T fitting right off! I am swapping many new parts from my 02" KJ to my 04", and dam if that hose is completely different on the 04'. First off, ob the 02' it connected to the box over the throttle body. The 04' uses a T fitting, and connects to both sides of the engine. So I can't use the part from the 02'. How important is that hose? Can I drive it for a few days until I can get the new parts? I am going to try and super glue it together for now, and perhaps seal it with silicone, wrap it with some tape. Until I can get the new parts. Please help!

it is a PVC vent which ***** crankcase vapors back through the intake. you can put a sponge or something in it to keep dirt out I guess but it would be ok for a couple days just laying there. I went wheeling once and mine popped off and I didn't' notice for a couple weeks. didn't have any issues.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I broke that T too and just got a generic T and some rubber hose from an autopart store and pieced it together.

Latest posts

Members online