Borla duel exhaust for liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Liberator

Reaction score
I just finished installing a borla duel exhaust. This was more of a project than I had planned. The instruction pics that come with the system are of little help. The new muffler comes with an offset flange but they don't tell you which way is up or down. My liberty also has the factory tow package. The borla kit comes with a shim for it but I have been unable to figure out how to install it. Also,the rear brake hose is dangerously close to the drivers side duel. I have positioned it best I can and plan to wrap the small section of pipe with header wrap. All in all the duels look and sound pretty good but if I were to do it all again I think I would choose a cheaper system with a single outlet. If anyone has any pics of the installed borla duels and shim placement I would appreciate it. The borla people have been little help.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.borlaparts.com/product.php?productid=336891&cat=0&page=1

672 Shipped 2 day air for free - awesome deal I got one

$672?? WOW, that's borderline ridiculous. I've never bought into the idea of spending hundreds of dollars on a complete "brand name" system when you can get pretty much the same sound and performance by just replacing the muffler and slapping on a new tip....all for about $100. That's just me though.

Also, by reading the original post, I'm pretty sure he already has the system and has installed it and just needs help with the shim issue...I don't think he's looking to buy another one.:)

And I thought you had a Magnaflow system??

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T304 stainless steel is pricy,that what the Borla is made out of.The pass side hanger just sinply sits under the rear hitch(and gas tank skid if you have one).I only once hit my tips when offroading,and I wheeled the s%$t out of my KJ,on the other hand the muffler can't take the whole weight of a KJ slamming on it 4 times,that's the only reason I had to ditch mine,the tips where perfect though.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive come down on my hitch and clipped the bottom of my passenger side rear bumper. I know something like that wouldnt make it offroad with me.

You must be registered for see images attach