blown head gasket??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said most states do not have any grace period on "as is" vehicle purchases but some do be it 3 days or 30 days regardless of "as is" or brand new.

I realize that now. I forgot you guys live far away. Lol I was just stating what would happen here.

jesst

Reaction score
I have a clause in my contract that states that if my bank does not finance.the car at the deal.that was made, I must return the car within 24 hours of me being notified ny the bank and I.can get my down payment back. So it is in the lawyers hands now

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks something like what the space shuttle goes through, when entering the earth's atmosphere...

Shane Giggie

Reaction score
You can get a test kit too see if your head gasket Is blown, I believe I seen them on Amazon. They work good.

Revo

Reaction score
Well I have blown a headgasket in my 02 and if it blows, the coolant will either be "boiling" from the exhaust or going somewhere. My coolant went into the oil. Worst case I guess. It may go into the cylinders (white exhaust smoke) or it may just run out (external). You would likely have some symptoms depending on the severity. Sounds like you do not other than the "boiling"?? I've had the boiling with a bad rad cap too. There are quite a few real mechanics on this forum so hopefully they will chime in with more info. I just thought since I had lost my HGs to a bad fan relay I should respond with my observation. Good luck.

I realize this is an old post, but just to add my 2¢, ...my 2004 Jeep Liberty experienced the same thing.... overheating w/white exhaust = head gasket.

"02blue" explained it perfectly... very well stated.