Blinker/Hazards Stopped Working! Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a27j27

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. I'm A27j27! I'm praying someone can help with this! I own a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport w/ towing package. Yesterday my blinkers and hazards just stopped working. I turned a corner and turned the blinker on and nothing at all happens. It's the same with the hazards. The fuse appears to be ok but I don't have an owner's manual so I'm not positive it's the right fuse. Can anyone help!?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are you sure that you don't have the manual? Check the slot above the glove box when you open the glove box door.

a27j27

Reaction score
Well, I never noticed that spot before but it's empty! I got excited there for a second though!

a27j27

Reaction score
Thank you! It's great to have the manual. The fuse that they show for my hazards/blinkers is good. That's a bummer.

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. I'm A27j27! I'm praying someone can help with this! I own a 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport w/ towing package. Yesterday my blinkers and hazards just stopped working. I turned a corner and turned the blinker on and nothing at all happens. It's the same with the hazards. The fuse appears to be ok but I don't have an owner's manual so I'm not positive it's the right fuse. Can anyone help!?

It usually is the Hazard Switch itself....it has most of the logic for the hazards, turn indicators etc.

Fuses to check are fuse 11 (15 A) and fuse 39 (10 A) on the fuse panel inside the cabin.

However the first thing I would do is disconnect your towing package completely...escpecially if it is not a factory fitted genuine Mopar!:icon_eek:

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Check your bulb sockets as well. I had some light gremlins a couple of years ago - no right side turn signals/marker lights - ended up being a bad socket on the front, left corner.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blinkers, hazards and brake lights not working point to a bad tow package.

You can download the 2006 KJ Service Manual here...includes the circuit diagrams. Easiest thing to track down first first is the operation of the brake lights using a meter to check the voltage all the way back from the brake switch to the lamps at the rear...there are three switches built into the brake switch...make sure you start measuring from the correct switch. Also check the earths at the brake light sockets.

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ