Bleeding Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldJoe

Reaction score
I have a vacuum pump for bleeding brakes solo. The hose/adapters seem to fit tightly on the bleeder fitting but I seem to be sucking air from around the threads. I’m only opening the valve about 1/8-1/4 turn but it still seems to be leaking. I’ve used silicone grease but that seems to wear off quickly. I’m not too sure on Teflon tape. Any tips on sealing the threads?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't seal the threads,that is not the sealing part.

Pressure bleeding is the better method,you can also buy a 1 man pressure bleeding tool but it's far from cheap(there are cheap ones but are pretty crap).

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you need is a pop bottle, metal clothes hanger and your tube.
Fashion clothes hanger around bottle so it can hang next to caliper. Fill Bottle 1/4 way with brake fluid. Put tube on valve and other end in bottle. Make sure tube end is submerged in fluid in bottle. Open valve. Fill break fluid Reservoir at master cylinder. Now pump breaks 3 or 4 times. Top off reservoir. Pump brakes again. (Helps to have someone look in the bottle for air bubbles.) Repeat till bubbles are no more. Close valve on caliper. Go to next break and repeat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online