Black wax (detailing)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
I seen it over on lost.. and.. well hell I lost it lol

there was a thread about black wax and stuff specifically made for black paint, that of which I have on mah little KJ (the paint, not the wax). And I was wondering what this stuff was called- and where it can be obtained. Because I am going to wax and polish the living hell out of my little Jeep once all this moisture and snow and rain and soggyness $&*#'s off so I can get a little quality cleaning time in on my lovely but rapidly deteriorating paint job.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you wax paint your waxing clear coat, which is clear. Its kinda a gimmick.

Blake, you just busted my bubble. For a second there I thought us black jeep guys had a special wax....until you mentioned the clearcoat....:(

Dave

Midgear

Reaction score
Blake, you just busted my bubble. For a second there I thought us black jeep guys had a special wax....until you mentioned the clearcoat....:(

Dave

don't loose faith lol, us black KJ's are still superior.

what happens if you took that black wax to a white vehicle? wouldn't it make it a shade darker or something? o_O

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
don't loose faith lol, us black KJ's are still superior.

what happens if you took that black wax to a white vehicle? wouldn't it make it a shade darker or something? o_O

I doubt it...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To be honest....I think you'd get better results by using a clay bar, paint cleaner, polish (if it's bad), and then a good wax.

Midgear

Reaction score
after that really thin trail I went down on thanksgiving day- I have alot of pin stripes all over the Jeep lol, I'd like to get some of those spider scratches out too- the ones that look like spider web stuck to the paint when the light hits it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
after that really thin trail I went down on thanksgiving day- I have alot of pin stripes all over the Jeep lol, I'd like to get some of those spider scratches out too- the ones that look like spider web stuck to the paint when the light hits it.

Paint cleaner and Polish will work wonders....
You must be registered for see images attach

And that's before I used that stuff on the hood!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It doesn't remove them....just fills them in. With the paint cleaner and polish, it'll remove them...

Latest posts

Members online