Black Altezza taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiddspl

Reaction score
I wasnt real sure which topic to list this under... Does anyone have a picture of a Silver Liberty with Altezza taillights? I have seen black, red and even white KJs with these taillights on them but I wanted to see if anyone has a Silver KJ with them. I like the stock lenses but I dont like the orange on the back. (I Have a 2004) So Im looking for other options. The chrome altezzas are too flashy and I think the black would look much more subtle. TIA

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also did not like the orange in the back, the euro tails look good but these altezza and euro tails get washed out in under direct sun, so you will be one of those guys with dimmed signals when changing lanes if the sun is hitting from the back. I don't really like that. Other than that, they are fine. Good luck finding a picture. I did not like the flashy ones I got the black ones, they look GREAT from the side, but from the rear they have that silverish outline, which I am not a fan of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02GnrZbzB4

Last edited:

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, tried the black Altezza lights on my silver Libby years ago. No pictures. They were absolute junk. Moisture built up inside of them. They blew bulbs all the time. The wiring harness corroded terribly. Had to get 3 sets of them sent before I got a set that even worked in the first place.

kiddspl

Reaction score
Thanks KY, sounds like I might just stay away form them.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not have corrosion or lamps blowing, but there was a slight condensation on one of the lamps, but they only happened at big changes in temperature. Otherwise if we had 05+ we could replace the orange clicker with a red one, since the taillense itself is clear in signal halve (OEM). I have no idea why they made the connectors different...

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May have something to do with living in KY. It can be very humid here, and the temperature can swing 60 degrees in a couple days.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you like the stock taillights, but not the amber, why not look for a wrecked '05+ and get the taillights? I'd assume everything else is the same. In fact, if you're patient, you could probably get the '05+ lights and sell your '04 lights and come out relatively even, if not ahead by a few bucks.

Most wrecked vehicles are from front end or side collisions, so finding a KJ with good rear components shouldn't be too hard.

kiddspl

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the 05+ doesnt fit on 04 and prior? Am I worng, if thats the case Ill get the 05 lights. Can anyone shed some light on this? I was looking at them on ebay and it looks like theyre shaped different at the top.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they can be or not. I was under the assumption that they were the same. Hopefully someone can verify.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, they won't fit. Different connector.

Latest posts

Members online