Bilstein or Rancho?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's say I can get the Rancho shocks for the KJ, front and rear...or I could get the Bilsteins. Which is a better product? By better I mean longer lasting, and a better (smoother) ride?

Any opinions welcome...thanks in advance.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had Rancho and Bilstein on my front shocks. I prefer the Bilstein, and they just look to be an overall better build quality than the Ranchos. But many have put over 100k miles on the Ranchos with not a single issue. Just boils down to personal preference really. Both are a huge improvement over stock.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Both are great shocks, have ran Bilsteins before
on the KJ had the fronts on for over 100,000 miles and they are now on a certain KJ thats getting a V-8.
My rears need replaced now ( have over 115,000 miles on them now) have a pair of Ranchos here and a pair of OME 132Ls sitting in the garage, not sure what will end up on it! need to :party52:and think about it!

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Now why didnt you buy Budke's lift when it was a whole? You could of bought it and not be worrying with all this stuff.

:D

ekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read truck forums, most seem to prefer Bilsteins.

george0029

Reaction score
Do you know the part numbers for the Bilsteins? Front and rear?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
just go to jeepinbyal
Marlin has everything listed real easy to see what you need