BFG A/T on 17" wheels (235/65-R17)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

antonio_crd

Reaction score
Dear all, my question (and also of other kj owners in my country) is:
why BF Goodrich not propose a tire for the standard tire 235/65-R17?

Is the standard tyre for the Limited KJ and also for the new KK (Sport and Limited) and also for the Nitro..

no idea if this size is coming?

personally I think BFG A/T is the best "shoe" for the KJ..

waiting for your comments.. thanks a lot in advance..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have that size also. The 17" rims are a PITA to find a good A/T tire in. I ended up putting on Hercules Terra-Trac. The tread is similar to a Revo. They have been pretty good but I like the BFG A/T's better. I ran 3 sets of them on different trucks with pretty good results. That was 2 years ago. Maybe there are more A/T choices in 235/65/17 now but I have not looked lately. The only other size you can use on a stock suspension with the 17's is 245/65/17 but last time I looked BFG didn't make the A/T in that size either.

A 16" rim is better and easier to find A/T tire sizes in.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I have that size also. The 17" rims are a PITA to find a good A/T tire in. I ended up putting on Hercules Terra-Trac. The tread is similar to a Revo. They have been pretty good but I like the BFG A/T's better. I ran 3 sets of them on different trucks with pretty good results. That was 2 years ago. Maybe there are more A/T choices in 235/65/17 now but I have not looked lately. The only other size you can use on a stock suspension with the 17's is 245/65/17 but last time I looked BFG didn't make the A/T in that size either.

A 16" rim is better and easier to find A/T tire sizes in.

Dave

x2!!!!

General Grabber AT2's look mighty fine to me....:)

I'm pretty sure BFG still doesn't make out size still. :(

antonio_crd

Reaction score
I know.. with the 15" and the16" you have a big choice..
but I really do not understand the "commercial" reason for BFG..
it's the stock tyre on the new kk.. a BFG AT could be an excellent alternative..

however GG AT2's looks great!.. may be the next one..

tks to all guys..

Latest posts

Members online