BEst wheels and fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REnny3d

Reaction score
i have an 05 renegade and i am looking into get new wheels i was thinking the cragar soft 8s.... if i were to go this route without a lift kit what wheel would be the best size to avoid rubbing and such? i am thinking a tire on the bulkier side to give it that broad look so any sugestions?

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16x7 that whats your stock wheels are, I went with the same size as a my stock wheels the only thing I changed was the BS

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
stick as close to the stock size ( 7 inch width) and more importantly back spacing and go to a 245/70-16 and you should be good

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded wheels and tires last week on my unlifted 07 4x2 Sport. I went with the Crager Black D's from Summit Racing. I got the 15x7 with 4" BS. Then I put 235/75R15 of them. They fit perfect. I only have a very small rub on the front edge of the front fenders at full lock (I had already pounded down the pinch weld) I think if I had gotten the 4.25" BS wheels, it would have been perfect with no rubbing at all.

Here they are
You must be registered for see images attach

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded wheels and tires last week on my unlifted 07 4x2 Sport. I went with the Crager Black D's from Summit Racing. I got the 15x7 with 4" BS. Then I put 235/75R15 of them. They fit perfect. I only have a very small rub on the front edge of the front fenders at full lock (I had already pounded down the pinch weld) I think if I had gotten the 4.25" BS wheels, it would have been perfect with no rubbing at all.

Here they are

Wasn't a 15" wheel no good due to brake caliper clearance issues? Did DCX fix this?

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here they are

Looking to up grade to the same rims. 15's cause i like more rubber, rather than 16's. If i go with 4.25 BS instead of 4 W/ 245/70R/15 will the rub??? Also going with a 2" lift.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't a 15" wheel no good due to brake caliper clearance issues? Did DCX fix this?

The 15" Cragers are OK. Soft 8's, V-Style, Or D Windows are all OK in 15's. US Wheel and American racing also have the same wheels as these three. They all work too. 15" Aluminum wheels will most likely rub. Haven't seen anyone find a 15" aluminum one that will fit with our brakes.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to up grade to the same rims. 15's cause i like more rubber, rather than 16's. If i go with 4.25 BS instead of 4 W/ 245/70R/15 will the rub??? Also going with a 2" lift.

I am not sure with the lift. I know it would rub unlifted. If LOST was up and running, I would point you to the tire/lift/clearance chart posted over there. Until then, maybe some others with a lift can chime in.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 05 renegade and i am looking into get new wheels i was thinking the cragar soft 8s.... if i were to go this route without a lift kit what wheel would be the best size to avoid rubbing and such? i am thinking a tire on the bulkier side to give it that broad look so any sugestions?

I have a question for you
why change?
with the OE wheel you can run more tire with less lift
also steel is heavy
the back spacing will cause issues that the OE will not

I just see the "black steelies" as the "soup of the day"
it is what every one is getting
I would stick with the OE's are something as close as you can to them
in a aluminum style rim

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you
why change?
with the OE wheel you can run more tire with less lift
also steel is heavy
the back spacing will cause issues that the OE will not

I just see the "black steelies" as the "soup of the day"
it is what every one is getting
I would stick with the OE's are something as close as you can to them
in a aluminum style rim

The OE rims that came with my 04 are steel any ways. NO alloy here.:( As far as every one getting them. No such luck seeing ANY liberty in San Diego with upgrades or mods.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at them too. Just want to double check with knowledgeable folks here that those wheels are the correct size.

CRR-3977712

My tires are Bridgestone Duelers 245-70 R16

And yes, I want black. I've been adding black accessories to my Lib for years.