Best wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahschultz

Reaction score
I was just wondering some of the best wheel spacer brands that I should look into for my 03 limited. Thanks

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad idea IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lifted or stock ?
If stock you'll have lots of rubbing issues
If lifted just buy wheel with proper backspacing much better than chasing 40 lug nuts instead of 20

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do go spacer route. Make sure they are machined not cast.
Cast spacers can have imperfections in the metal .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• SpidertraxFront.jpg
    SpidertraxFront.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • KJTRAX.jpg
    KJTRAX.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running some American made, billet aluminum, hub centric adapters on mine (these 3 points are important), for the last 5 years. No issues, and none were expected. My reason was I wanted to keep the body color matched Renegade wheels, but wanted to increase the track. Stock wheels with a lift and big tires just doesn't look right, nor good to me.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the spidertrax ones on the front, and some cheaper ones on the back.

No problems here either.

Now that we have 2 sets of stock wheels for the KJ, the spacers don't have to come off as often. After any tire re & re, I leave a torque wrench on the passenger floor as a reminder to re-torque after some driving time. Only when I'm confident they're staying secure does the torque wrench leave the Jeep.

EDIT: The fact KJs use conical-seat lug nuts means the wheels are lug-centric, not hub-centric. However, it may save your bacon somewhat if a wheel starts to loosen off.

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDIT: The fact KJs use conical-seat lug nuts means the wheels are lug-centric, not hub-centric. However, it may save your bacon somewhat if a wheel starts to loosen off.

This can put more stress on the wheel studs, as custom designed hub centric adapters fit snugly on the center hub of the axle. Also, you definitely want to use a drop or two of red loctite on the nuts holding the adapters to the axles, then they stay put

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between hub and lug centric?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hub-centric means the hub register centers the wheel with a very close fit, and the lugnuts are flat-flaced - usually flanged - and just clamp the wheel in place.

Lug-centric means the conical-seat of the lug nuts centers the wheel as you tighten it.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Look at the pic LibertyTC posted on the previous page. Hub centric adapters are model specific, having a raised lip in the center that fits into the wheel, and the opening on the back side fits snug to the hub. Basically, the adapter creates an extension of the factory hub, and is what locks the wheel on center. They use conventional conical (tapered) lug nuts. Non hub centric adapters are more universal fit, generally cheaper, and also use conical nuts. But they have a larger center opening that doesn't fit to the wheel or hub. They rely solely on the lug nuts to keep them on center and in place.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the pic LibertyTC posted on the previous page. Hub centric adapters are model specific, having a raised lip in the center that fits into the wheel, and the opening on the back side fits snug to the hub. Basically, the adapter creates an extension of the factory hub, and is what locks the wheel on center. They use conventional conical (tapered) lug nuts. Non hub centric adapters are more universal fit, generally cheaper, and also use conical nuts. But they have a larger center opening that doesn't fit to the wheel or hub. They rely solely on the lug nuts to keep them on center and in place.

Do I need to check exact model of my wheels for buying hub centric spacer or just size specs?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good ones should tell you what size they fit. The center hub diameter is 71.5mm, same as the older Wrangler and Cherokee

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to have wheel spacer but after a few months i begin to have issues with the performance of the speed with the transmission, when i remove the wheel spacer, quickly I notice the change in performance and everything came back to normal. Wheel spacers are real cool for merely auto show. For everyday use did not work for me, that is my experience in case someone have the same issue.

Regards!