Best aftermarket radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonmc

Reaction score
Looks like this has been discussed slightly in other threads but I was having issue finding a good opinion. What is the best aftermarket radiator for 06 Jeep Liberty with external trans cooler and no Eng oil cooler? It seems mopar doesn’t make that one anymore. Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Quite a number of aluminum ones out there now, folks seem to be having good luck with them

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a mopar one from Amazon not long ago for about 210. Haven't put it in yet. But looks good. Has ports for trans cooler as does the original, but they are not being used as I also have the tow package.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a mopar one from Amazon not long ago for about 210. Haven't put it in yet. But looks good. Has ports for trans cooler as does the original, but they are not being used as I also have the tow package.

The original mopar rad in your 05 had trans cooler ports? If thats true, thats odd, b/c I thought only the 2002 and some 2003s had that. I just replaced the rad in my 04 with a mopar rad and it does not have those. I always wanted a mopar rad with them for the additional cooling, but after adding the PML pan and the mechanical cooling fan, I really dont need it.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original mopar rad in your 05 had trans cooler ports? If thats true, thats odd, b/c I thought only the 2002 and some 2003s had that. I just replaced the rad in my 04 with a mopar rad and it does not have those. I always wanted a mopar rad with them for the additional cooling, but after adding the PML pan and the mechanical cooling fan, I really dont need it.
Yes, the ports are there, I suppose I cannot say for sure it wasn't replaced earlier on as I am not the original owner. I also don't see a chrysler or mopar indication on either one.

Latest posts

Members online