#*^%)*!@### belly shields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt2wheels

Reaction score
Why is this so friggen complicated? Here's the deal. I have an '02 pre-lowered liberty, it has the off-road package, meaning it already has the front end shield, transfer case shield, and gas tank shield. The transmission pan, however, is hanging out in the wind waiting to get slammed into a rock. So I figured I'd just order me the transmission skid plate and be done with it, right? Wrong. That part is not available. Anyone here wanna venture a guess why in tarnation DC would not want to protect the most vulnerable thing on the underside of a vehicle????

So here's my question: Did they redesign the "transfer case" skid plate to also extend forward of the crossmember and protect the ******? Has this never been available in '02's? am I going to have to buy a mucho expensivo aftermarket shield?

On the plus side I ordered what I thought was a ****** shield from JParts, turned out to be a front end shield, they were totally cool about returning it even though I got it a month ago and just now got around to opening the box. Cool guys, use them.

mf

pixeldzn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy the ****** skid from '05-'06. You can retrofit it by bending up 2 tabs that you don't have slots for, and then drilling 2 holes north of the transfer case skid. A lot cheaper than an aftermarket skid.

Prior to '05, a ****** skid did not exist.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
The ****** skid is available.

If you order the new front skid, you can get away with not drilling that extra hole to fit the ****** skid on the 02. Just sandwich it in under the fron skid where it mounts to that back crossmember.

I just did this project

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
The ****** skid is available.

If you order the new front skid, you can get away with not drilling that extra hole to fit the ****** skid on the 02. Just use one hole and sandwich it in under the front skid where it mounts to that back crossmember.

I just did this project. You'll end up with 3 skids

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure this is what you order from jparts.com:
http://tinyurl.com/g2qcc

I ordered and received my ****** skid from them in February for my '03 and had it installed last week at a Jeep shop. It took some drilling, but it works. I had them cut off the useless tabs.

the1jferg

Banned
Reaction score
Me, myself, and I, would only order from a place that had updated product desciptions. Otherwise they might be pushin the old parts. Its worth the extra few pennies to get it from the dealer.

NEW: http://jeep.autowebaccessories.com/store/prod204_210_1568.php

Old: http://jparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=185&osCsid=967a0f6830f82005517a0d46679e2d7c

same part #

The ****** skid (above) is the same but twice as expensive as the AC part# instead of the accy catalog part# which is the exact same skid...Did that too.