Dust shield replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mroman59

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Jeep liberty and the dust shield are coming lose in the rear and there is rubbing sound that is annoying me. I would like to know what it would cost to replace them. I know it is not a simple job. I also know that they make split dust shield that would save a lot of time for repair, however the split shields cost about $200-$250 more than the full shields for it. If you would apply the cost difference to the labor would I come out even or is the cost of full shield replacement going to be more still?

If you know the cost for either of these types of repairs, please let me know.

Also, I have noticed that split dust shields are the same cost as full shields for certain car models, but I dont know why. If you know of a place I can purchase the split shields for a similar cost as the full shield, I would be interested in knowing where.

Thanks,
MR

jimfry

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Jeep liberty and the dust shield are coming lose in the rear and there is rubbing sound that is annoying me. I would like to know what it would cost to replace them. I know it is not a simple job. I also know that they make split dust shield that would save a lot of time for repair, however the split shields cost about $200-$250 more than the full shields for it. If you would apply the cost difference to the labor would I come out even or is the cost of full shield replacement going to be more still?

If you know the cost for either of these types of repairs, please let me know.

Also, I have noticed that split dust shields are the same cost as full shields for certain car models, but I dont know why. If you know of a place I can purchase the split shields for a similar cost as the full shield, I would be interested in knowing where.

Thanks,
MR
i had that problem. i drilled some holes through the plates and put some self tapping screws in