Been lurking, time to join!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LPacker79

Reaction score
Greetings from NoVA! I'm Leanne, and I've had my Libby for about a week and a half now (06). I absolutely love it, though my boyfriend tells me I should have shopped around for a better deal. I paid just under $13K for my Sport with 24,200 miles on it. It was the low mileage that basically won me over.

I've wanted a Jeep for quite some time, and my BF's 02 GC had completely won me over. I didn't need anything that big, and I certainly didn't need a V8. The Liberty fits me just fine.

I don't plan on doing any offroad stuff (call me one of those hated mall-goers if you like, but I loathe the mall). I had a 96 GMC Jimmy that I used to take out on the trails somewhat sporadically when I was growing up in MI, but that's not something I'm interested in at this point in time. You guys won't kick me off the forum, will ya?

The vehicle that really made me realize how much I missed having an SUV was my last car. It was an 02 Dodge Intrepid with that infamous 2.7L engine. I ditched it for the Libby when the transmission left me stranded on a major road at 4pm (on my birthday no less). That thing was huge, with enormous blind spots, and not a single cupholder to be found. I couldn't pull into any parking lot without scraping the front, even if I was creeping (everything's on a freaking hill here). It also left me stuck in the snow more times than I care to think about. Delivering mail in rural MI made me learn how to use 4WD real quick. Fixing the transmission on a car I couldn't stand or getting another car just wasn't an option in my mind.

I think I just may be a Jeep fan for life now, I've never enjoyed driving any vehicle more than my new Libby (mom's 'vette may be an exception). I'll be hanging around here learning what I need to do as far as maintenance to keep her going as long as possible.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!!!
I just joing this place like maybe 2 weeks and I just put new plugs in my libby like 2 hrs ago, I tried to do it 6 months ago and I just could figure it out I tought it was too complicated but the ppl in here have a TONS of info, a great HOW TO section and real knowlodgeble ppl.

Your are gonna love it here!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.