BDS suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand it doesn't come with front struts and the rear shocks are said to be garbage. Better off piecing together a kit with OME springs and Bilstein shocks / struts

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with that kit
By the time you bought that kit, bought front struts, and bought new rear shocks you'd be at the price for a complete OME/Bilstein kit
Stick with OME for springs and your choice of front struts/extended rear shocks
The best front struts are OME and for the rear your best option is Bilstein for a YJ unless you can find OME rear shocks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried/has this lift?

Yes to whats been said
we've installed one BDS out of over 25 OMEs
while ride and handling is good, like mentioned by the time you buy the two front shocks, plus the rears since they are pretty cheap and don't last you are paying over 400 for 4 springs
from JeepinByAl 4 OME springs ( 927 front/ 948 rear ) are 334.

If you would do a search you'd find many answers to the questions you have already answered

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need to just make a sticky that says "DO NOT USE 'x,y,z' LIFTS" or something similar as the title and then go into detail as to why so we don't have to answer these questions so many times
I know there's a "Lift FAQ" but it clearly does not get put to any use especially since it's an old thread and hasn't been updated
We could also throw in some info on how to get a little extra lift (clevis, iso, top plate) and how much lift those things will actually give amongst other lifting info- so it's all new, up-to-date info for everyone on the forum wanting to lift
Then we can just copy and paste the link to the thread every time someone asks :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We need to just make a sticky that says "DO NOT USE 'x,y,z' LIFTS" or something similar as the title and then go into detail as to why so we don't have to answer these questions so many times
I know there's a "Lift FAQ" but it clearly does not get put to any use especially since it's an old thread and hasn't been updated
We could also throw in some info on how to get a little extra lift (clevis, iso, top plate) and how much lift those things will actually give amongst other lifting info- so it's all new, up-to-date info for everyone on the forum wanting to lift
Then we can just copy and paste the link to the thread every time someone asks :happy175:

Been answering the same questions for over 12 years, you're still a newbie at this ! :happy175:
NO matter how many stickies you post up, 98.427 % will not read them, so really waste of time, IMO .
I did update the LOST info a few years back but kept watching the hits on it and hardly any one read through it.
When I got on these sites that is all I did for the first month was read all I could ( and back then there wasn't really any where near the info we have today available ) .

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been answering the same questions for over 12 years, you're still a newbie at this ! :happy175:
NO matter how many stickies you post up, 98.427 % will not read them, so really waste of time, IMO .
I did update the LOST info a few years back but kept watching the hits on it and hardly any one read through it.
When I got on these sites that is all I did for the first month was read all I could ( and back then there wasn't really any where near the info we have today available ) .

I know I am but you find out so much info when you read through old threads
Almost everything you can do to KJs has been done and discussed here!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know I am but you find out so much info when you read through old threads
Almost everything you can do to KJs has been done and discussed here!

Yes IF ONLY others did like you and read
Some want instant answers, instant coffee, instant food, they don't know yet that to actually sit down and read, wait for coffee to perk etc is a good thing, one of life's little pleasures.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes IF ONLY others did like you and read
Some want instant answers, instant coffee, instant food, they don't know yet that to actually sit down and read, wait for coffee to perk etc is a good thing, one of life's little pleasures.

Yaaas. Percolated coffee is sooooo good.:gr_grin: I've spent so many hours on watch duty reading through a lot of the threads on here mostly for when stuff eventually breaks so that I can do the work myself or get help doing it.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh sticky helps....once you already have experience in lift.

I understand what you guys say immediately now but before i lifted, i had no idea what any of you guys said.