BDS Suspension any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats good to hear, its one of the cheaper lifts out there luckily.
if only it was a 3" lift.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything will ride better than stock ever did
If I would've known the BDS kit was around I would've got it instead of OME just because my OME lift rides like I'm on a damn pogo stick on every bump
Price seems good and just add 3/8" clevis (which would net 3/4" of lift up front), 1/4" top plate (another 1/2") and some rear isos and it'd be at 3"+
You'd be looking at around $550 total instead of $900+

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
google search on this forum seem to imply that the BDS system is bad and does not include front shocks.

would be the same price going with the OME way were some of the comments.

Last edited:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't see that it didn't come with shocks but you could get front Bilsteins for about $180 so still cheaper than OME

forcefed44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything will ride better than stock ever did
If I would've known the BDS kit was around I would've got it instead of OME just because my OME lift rides like I'm on a damn pogo stick on every bump
Price seems good and just add 3/8" clevis (which would net 3/4" of lift up front), 1/4" top plate (another 1/2") and some rear isos and it'd be at 3"+
You'd be looking at around $550 total instead of $900+

Clue me in on the rear isolator situation.. My Jeep sits 1/2" lower on the left rear.. How do you go about stacking isolators and which? Upper or lower?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People have different ways in which they change them out, add them, etc and depending on how many iso's you'd like, will obviously change the end result height

Most common I think is to jack up the back end and put two jack stands on either side, obviously remove the tires, then the diff should drop low enough that the springs come out for you to add the new upper isolators to the pre-existing ones (making it have two up top now on each side)
DONE
You can add them to the lower spring perch but it's easier just to put them up top since the spring would already be out of the way

Changing the rear springs is the same process except you have to take the jack and jack up one side (which extends the opposite) and throw your new, taller springs onto the extended side, then do the same to the other and DONE with that also

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People have different ways in which they change them out, add them, etc and depending on how many iso's you'd like, will obviously change the end result height

Most common I think is to jack up the back end and put two jack stands on either side, obviously remove the tires, then the diff should drop low enough that the springs come out for you to add the new upper isolators to the pre-existing ones (making it have two up top now on each side)
DONE
You can add them to the lower spring perch but it's easier just to put them up top since the spring would already be out of the way

Changing the rear springs is the same process except you have to take the jack and jack up one side (which extends the opposite) and throw your new, taller springs onto the extended side, then do the same to the other and DONE with that also

Unbolting shocks is also necessary.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, I forgot about those bad boys :happy175:
Thanks for the correction

forcefed44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, It's not the procedure of installation just information and/or ability of adding (stacking) isolator shims to raise the height of the rear.

and yes, I went with BDS only because my suspension rep had a set sitting from a cancelled order minus the rear shocks and only wanting 2" of lift.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheaper to go OME
You're paying a lot for 4 springs only
no front shocks and the rear are junk
Would be good to talk to someone who has actually installed one
like maybe ....Oh right I have

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, It's not the procedure of installation just information and/or ability of adding (stacking) isolator shims to raise the height of the rear.

and yes, I went with BDS only because my suspension rep had a set sitting from a cancelled order minus the rear shocks and only wanting 2" of lift.

Sorry to hear

Members online

No members online now.