BDS lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone use this lift ?? whats the pros & con's
I'm thinking about this setup for my build
2002-2007 Jeep Liberty 2" lift kit 442H | BDS Suspension

A few have, it works but you are just buying four springs for that price
No front shocks come with the kit so you have to buy them
then the rear shocks are just cheap hydraulics, not good gas chanrged so best bet is to replace them so not that good of a deal

Best is the tried and true OME or Ironman
check Home page for both
advertised as 1.5 inch but Ironman gives 2.25 and OME 2.5, plus if you want more easy to add a inch or more to either one

485 for that kit is not a good deal, heck 4 OME springs would be about 340 if comparing

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with my bds lift, (I bought the basic 2.5" lift and bilstein shocks for the front and rear). but to be honest, I wish I would have saved up and got the jba coilover lift.

again, my lift has been great, no issues whatsoever but I have a habit of overkill for everything.

the selling point of the bds for me was all of the included hardware and the shock relocation bracket but if I were to do it over again I would get the coilovers.

Vypor

Reaction score
I've been happy with my bds lift, (I bought the basic 2.5" lift and bilstein shocks for the front and rear). but to be honest, I wish I would have saved up and got the jba coilover lift.

again, my lift has been great, no issues whatsoever but I have a habit of overkill for everything.

the selling point of the bds for me was all of the included hardware and the shock relocation bracket but if I were to do it over again I would get the coilovers.

I like the coilover's but damn price is a killer.. & BDS has a 100% warrenty on breakage.. This I will be a weekend worrior not a full time mud beater.. just want it lifted with alittle bigger sneaker.. thanks for the info

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even just a weekend warrior. Look at the jba econo lifts. You will need front shocks if they are original. New springs + old shocks = dead springs

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the coilover's but damn price is a killer.. & BDS has a 100% warrenty on breakage.. This I will be a weekend worrior not a full time mud beater.. just want it lifted with alittle bigger sneaker.. thanks for the info

as nice as the warranty is, I doubt you will ever use it.

it covers hardware, non-wear items, and spring breakage. their warranty is of more value to someone buying a long arm kit from them...all they make for use are springs, shocks and some mounting plates.

go with ome or ironman. you won't save money by going with bds. and I can say that I have enjoyed dealing with JBA much more than BDS.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BDS was good for the price but now I'm removing the BDS 2" and going with 2.5" JBA coilovers. Hopefully the last lift I'll ever buy for my KJ.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

sdg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BDS lift on a 2007 KJ; when I got the vehicle 2 years ago, all 4 shocks needed changing, so I got Bilsteins for the front and used the BDS-supplied rear shocks. 2 years and 15k miles later, the car is still doing great, no issues whatsoever. I have no experience with other vendors, but I'm happy with the lift choice.

Forgot to mention why I made this choice -- all hardware was included and it was recommended by a local guy who likes working on Jeeps :)

Last edited:

jsapko

Reaction score

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA has a 2-3 week backorder on their 2.5" coilover lift, and the vehicle is still in the shop So I guess i'll do more fishing the next few weeks instead of driving the jeep. :fishing1:.

NeedBiggerTires

Reaction score
Two questions:
I've heard if you install stock coil overs designed for a CDR Liberty on a Liberty with a gas engine, it results in a lift. Has anyone done that, and if so, how much lift can you expect?
Also, since there is no difference between stock coil overs used by the KJs and KKs, can I install a KJ lift kit on my KK? If not, why?
Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Two questions:
I've heard if you install stock coil overs designed for a CDR Liberty on a Liberty with a gas engine, it results in a lift. Has anyone done that, and if so, how much lift can you expect? BEEN TRIED BASICALLY YOU STILL END UP WITH SAME STOCK HEIGHT , ONLY DIFFERENCE IF USING CRD SPRINGS IS THEY ARE 410 LB COMPARED TO GASSER 310 SO THEY ( IF BRAND NEW) COULD HOLD A AFTERMARKET BUMPER
Also, since there is no difference between stock coil overs used by the KJs and KKs, can I install a KJ lift kit on my KK? If not, why?
Thanks

THEY BOTH TAKE THE SAME EXACT SPRINGS AND SHOCKS SO THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN KK OR KJ SUSPENSIONS SO NO BENEFIT OF SAYING YOU WANT ONE OR THE OTHER
Only difference is the UCAs and rear springs
Just make sure you are using a quality full spring lift like Ironman or OME
Skyjacker/ Rustys / RRO/ and any spacer lift is a waste

sdg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my happiness did not last very long after I shared it :). My rear BDS shocks gave up the ghost, for the last 500km the rear of the car tries mimic Shakira on stage when going over speed bumps; I managed to get a reply from BDS saying they're too old to be under warranty (I purchased and installed the lift in 2013). So, I will be looking for replacement rear shocks.