BDS lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have this lift or know of somebody that has? I've tries to search for "BDS lift" but the term "BDS" is too short for the search field.

I'd be curious to know of the quality. According the website, they offer a life time warranty on their entire lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been discussed in various threads before
but not a bad lift front spring rate is actually higher than the OME 927s
BDS is 435 -vs- OME 927s at 400
But as far as cost it comes out pretty much the same
in their kit they give you cheaper rear shocks but not front ones
Haven't heard much negative about them over the years
only one report the springs sagged quick but ??? not confirmed
couple of owners in Ohio had them but they've disappeared or sold

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been discussed in various threads before
but not a bad lift front spring rate is actually higher than the OME 927s
BDS is 435 -vs- OME 927s at 400
But as far as cost it comes out pretty much the same
in their kit they give you cheaper rear shocks but not front ones
Haven't heard much negative about them over the years
only one report the springs sagged quick but ??? not confirmed
couple of owners in Ohio had them but they've disappeared or sold

I see the BDS stickers around here on a lot of lifted Grand Cherokees, that's why I thought I'd ask. 435 = super heavy duty I guess? Hmm I wonder if sagging is covered under their "warranty"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not much to hear
they're a company in Michigan
not a lot of KJ involvement
More other styles of Jeeps
Have tried to work with them but get no where
They are a little bit more difficult to install than the OMEs etc do to using a different top plate and bolts you have to install
People who run their lifts on Wranglers seem to like them though

Limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking over some info, typed here and just of general knowledge.

OME is bout 1.5in up correct?
BDS is 2in
the wesway lift an 1-1.5 in depending the spaces everything you do.

wesway will not work with BDS because of the different upper plate? maybe someone could make a top plate spacer to work with the BDS upper plate? or maybe a mixture of OME/BDS with bilstien or rancho whatever you perfer? Tom correct me if im wrong because I was just going to ask something like this.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i installed the bds lift a couple months ago and am very happy with it, instead of getting their nitro charged shocks i ordered the base kit and did bilsteins front and rear i also did the gen 4.5 als a-arms, overall my lift cost about 10 bucks more to get bilsteins instead of bds rear shocks and bilstein front, and now i have the standard bds shocks as spares in the event i ever break one of my bilsteins, as tom said the new bolts are a bit of a pain to work with, 2 of them are held in by the spring isolator but a 2nd pair of hands makes the other 2 a breeze, the kit also comeswith new stem bushings for the front shocks, just make sure that you have a set of offset wrenches for tightening the stem nut as the new strut relocation bracket makes using a regular wrench almost impossible

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
looking over some info, typed here and just of general knowledge.

OME is bout 1.5in up correct?
BDS is 2in
the wesway lift an 1-1.5 in depending the spaces everything you do.

wesway will not work with BDS because of the different upper plate? maybe someone could make a top plate spacer to work with the BDS upper plate? or maybe a mixture of OME/BDS with bilstien or rancho whatever you perfer? Tom correct me if im wrong because I was just going to ask something like this.

Incorrect information
You get more than 1.5 inches with OME springs without anything else more like 2 to 2.25 at least, same with BDS little more than 2
ABOVE IS OVER NEW STOCK HEIGHT
Wesway is an inch or so over whatever you have sagged to, so if yours has sagged to 18 inches with the Wesway you'll be back up to stock height or a little more
Making a spacer for the BDS is not the issue

Limited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks tom, i just didnt see a point in making another thread for a question involving this lift, sorry for the hijack CF.