BDS diff guard 8.25 Chrysler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine today great deal and I will change the dif at the same time it will be at my house in two days I know what iam doing this weekend

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Azmo,
Do you have any pics of it installed yet, I would like to see a few.
Thanks, also great find, I'm looking into ordering me one in the near future as well.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks real good, also did you have to drain the diff when you put it on?, the reason I'm asking is I'm not due for a diff change for about another 15k, so if I'm able to change it without losing any fluid would be nice.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did NOT drain it at this time, but mine is ready to be changed. That is why you see just a hint of oil weep around the bottom. It isn't dripping and I won't let it get that far.

The instructions advise you that it may be possible to install the guard without any loss of fluid. They also say to be prepared to deal with a fluid change in the event the sealant is compromised.

I used a socket style hex adapter and torque wrench. Make sure you seat the bit in the bolt head well before torque is applied and use plenty of pressure to remain perpendicular to the surface to prevent stripping the internal wrenching head. They are rather shallow.

Torque for our model is: 17 lb/ft (foot pounds) and it is fractional NOT metric.

It takes about 5 minutes to install.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to Scott @ OKFWD. They still have 8 of these left. Nice guard, easy to install and the price is RIGHT!

Its is for the 8.25" Chrysler rear differential. It takes only a few minutes to install and gives plenty of protection for the average wheeler.

At $34.95, you can't go wrong.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would this stop some pretty good action... curb/rocks
or would it be better to spend the coin on a rockcrusher/crane/riddler type of cover?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
would this stop some pretty good action... curb/rocks
or would it be better to spend the coin on a rockcrusher/crane/riddler type of cover?

I'd spend the extra and get a real diff cover
I had one a few years back but never installed it as it didn't look like it would take a direct hit too well
they are cute though:whip:

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's what i was thinking... and being at that price... not a bad product, but i'd rather save up for the more beefy one.
thanks

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got one from RC for my D30 on my XJ. it was 1/2 on their deal of the day yesterday.

they look to be a good product for the $. I was about to buy a SOLID diff cover...but at 1/2 cost....and some potential issues with the solid I got one from RC.

Members online