Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

earthlingsdotcom

Reaction score
I need a battery.

Which one should I buy?

My Jeep: 2003 Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Thanks!

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, you're in Canada, so you are going to want a good one for bad weather... look into Interstate batteries, or optimus, try to get at least 600CCA (cold cranking amps), the higher the better.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put in a 800CCA/960CA battery (NAPA Legend Premium 84-). We'll see how it works out. It was 19 degrees last night and it will be getting colder soon. So far so good.

Dave

Last edited:

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get it north of the border, but I am very happy with my Duralast Gold.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my jeep starts in slow motion when it's sub zero... time for a battery for it, if i could just make the kids stop eating for a while, or keep water heaters and other things from breaking down for a while, i just might be able to afford one!

Moab

Reaction score
boebr1 -
Your avatar is too cool..........
I've got a Yellow Top Optima on its way.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boebr1 -
Your avatar is too cool..........
I've got a Yellow Top Optima on its way.

Thanks... can't even remember where I found it, but I saved it on a 4x4 club website so I could access it and use it elsewhere

I noticed an optima at my local O'Reilly's for $169... doubt the 4x4 club discount will work on it though

I will be upgrading my battery cables and clamps at the same time so I have no doubts or worries in that section of the electrical system

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Optima is a waste of maoney these days.It will crap out right after the warranty is up.I had 2 of the yellow tops do that and said screw it and bought a good battery,the Odyessy PC1500.

you are the first person I have heard have a complaint about them, what is this odyessy? I have normally gone with interstate due to the nice waranty when i can afford it, and their cheap unwarranteed blemmish batteries when I can't afford it

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you are the first person I have heard have a complaint about them, what is this odyessy? I have normally gone with interstate due to the nice waranty when i can afford it, and their cheap unwarranteed blemmish batteries when I can't afford it
Search around other Jeep or 4x4 sites about how hated Optima's are now.

Odyssey batteries...............

http://www.odysseyfactory.com/

WEilers

Reaction score
I replaced my battery last year with one of Advance Auto's house brand 'Silver' batteries: 640 CCA. I have gotten one winter out of it so far, I'm hoping to get another shortly. It was around $90 US. If I could have gotten my hands on one, I would have replaced it with another Mopar 600 CCA, but they were hard to come by here at the time.

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my battery last year with one of Advance Auto's house brand 'Silver' batteries: 640 CCA. I have gotten one winter out of it so far, I'm hoping to get another shortly. It was around $90 US. If I could have gotten my hands on one, I would have replaced it with another Mopar 600 CCA, but they were hard to come by here at the time.

You can get the Advance Auto parts one for 40% off with the link below:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...rts?cm_mmc=ET-_-Educational-_-October-_-LC123

Hope this helps.
Bruce

Dmut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interstate are best for their money. Chrysler uses Interstate as OEM supplier and sells Interstate batteries by MOPAR brand since Jan 2006.
It was Exide, as OEM supplier, before that, but Chrysler dumped them.

Last edited:

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having good luck with my Motomaster Eliminator battery from Candian Tire. I think it has 875CCA. My Jeep will start easily when it's -35'C and not even plugged in. The only thing I hate is the posts tend to corrode quite frequently.

Canadian Tire also has a "Spiral Grid" AGM version of the Eliminator and from what I know it's just a rebadged Exide Orbital Extreme battery. I have an Exide Orbital from 2001 that has been abused to hell and it still works wonderfully. It has outlasted 3 yellow tops.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having good luck with my Motomaster Eliminator battery from Candian Tire. I think it has 875CCA. My Jeep will start easily when it's -35'C and not even plugged in. The only thing I hate is the posts tend to corrode quite frequently.

Have you tried the spray-on battery terminal sealer? keeps the oxygen out so the oxidation doesn't happen