Bad replacement CV's after 15K miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I had re-manned NAPA CV's installed about 15K miles ago in my front end. I've been running a 2" BDS lift for 33K with JBA UCA's added 20K ago.
Jeep has been driving crappy lately like it was before all the stock worn-out components were replaced. Took it in to the dealers express lane for an oil change and tire rotation yesterday on my lunch break and just for the heck of it asked for a check on suspension components. Technician told me there was play in my CV's and he heard them making noise on his test drive. My Liberty makes a lot of noises so I cant say for sure what is what.

Anyway, is it possible through wear and tear or poor installation that my CV's are going already? I'm looking into overhauling the Jeep with a new quality lift from JBA with the cut down CV's so if i do that it doesn't matter I guess. Then of course new tires, LCA's, etc $$$$$. Income tax returns don't last long when you have a Jeep!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I had re-manned NAPA CV's installed about 15K miles ago in my front end. I've been running a 2" BDS lift for 33K with JBA UCA's added 20K ago.
Jeep has been driving crappy lately like it was before all the stock worn-out components were replaced. Took it in to the dealers express lane for an oil change and tire rotation yesterday on my lunch break and just for the heck of it asked for a check on suspension components. Technician told me there was play in my CV's and he heard them making noise on his test drive. My Liberty makes a lot of noises so I cant say for sure what is what.

Anyway, is it possible through wear and tear or poor installation that my CV's are going already? I'm looking into overhauling the Jeep with a new quality lift from JBA with the cut down CV's so if i do that it doesn't matter I guess. Then of course new tires, LCA's, etc $$$$$. Income tax returns don't last long when you have a Jeep!

warranty I believe is 3 years or 36000 miles. Bring them back!