backspacing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aviator13

Reaction score
Hey i have a 2004 Liberty. I have 245/70R16 Hankook dynapro ATm on my jeep. Ive been looking at the cragar soft 8s and I the backspacing on my stock liberty is 5in backspacing with a bolt pattern of 5 x 4.5in. Would the cragar soft 8s that i found work? They are 16 x 8in bolt pattern of 5 x 4.5in with 5 in backspacing. Would the tires be sticking out more than they are now? Here is the link to where i found the wheels.

Cragar 3977812P - Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels - Overview - SummitRacing.com

BIRDMAN

Reaction score
well, if the backspacing is the same they would only stick out half the distance of how much wider the new wheels are than stock + add .2" of section width to the tires for every 1/2" wider your wheels are. so if your stock wheels are 7.5" wide and the new wheels are 8" then they will stick out 1/4" more(and stick in 1/4" more), and the tire section width will be .2" wider. you would be safe if that were the case, but how wide are your stock wheels?